The Ouroboros to Infinity

Click 'The Oracle' title above to enter The Oracle Forum and discuss your quest for answers with kindred spirits. Courtesy costs nothing - if you disagree with someone, disagree politely. Abuse is not tolerated.
Selene

The Ouroboros to Infinity

Post by Selene » 30 Jul 2018 18:10

The Ouroboros is an ancient symbol representing the serpent eating its own tail. This symbol originated in ancient Egyptian iconography and entered western tradition through Greek magical tradition and was then adopted as a symbol in Gnosticism and Hermeticism, and most notably in alchemy. The Ouroboros symbolizes introspection, the eternal return or cyclicality, especially in the sense of something constantly re-creating itself. Life is cyclical in nature. Thus representing birth, life and finally death repeating to infinity.
I have memories of when my husband and I were dating going to our favorite tree at our local college campus late at night. We were young and enjoying life. Most times it was very late, about two or three, at night after completing our nightly bar crawl. We would stand there less than an arms distance and would in ritual call on the power of the Ouroboros. As we would stand there in the darkness, we imagined the snake eating itself. I could feel an intense flow of energy between us. While, yes, we were young and in love, but this energy flow was more than new love. It began my hunger to understand and need to know how this ancient symbol could expand my limited knowledge of spirituality, beyond what was force fed to me from birth. This began my quest for higher knowledge. To a higher consciousness. Knowledge of personal insight cannot be discovered or learned from only one source. Or any one book. Religious albeit or not. It is a journey until the last breath and then the cycle begins again.
Attachments
snake-curled-in-infinity-ring-ouroboros-devouring-vector-6109301.jpg
The Ouroboros