QUOTE CORNER

Click 'The Oracle' title above to enter The Oracle Forum and discuss your quest for answers with kindred spirits. Courtesy costs nothing - if you disagree with someone, disagree politely. Abuse is not tolerated.
BeN1

Re: QUOTE CORNER

Post by BeN1 »

a wonderful quote! as I say.

greetings
BeN1
Redbeck
Location: The Rookery, 3rd Horse Chestnut along, St Johns, Britain. Teacher leave our nuts alone!

Post by Redbeck »

Greetings BeN1 so good of you to reinvigorate a post from Hope we miss her ever-present prolific hand in the mixture. A omnidirectional message across the misty ether of the great divide. Thank you. Redbeck

“There is a nobility in compassion, a beauty in empathy, a grace in forgiveness.” John Connolly an Irishman of note

BeN1

Post by BeN1 »

greetings
BeN1
BeN1

Post by BeN1 »

and here:

I don't want to make an extra thread only for showing it, so I show now, I think, it's really magnifiscent, a cover-art masterwork
as I would say.

The illustrator of the cover Mark Ryden needed 6 (!) months to finish this masterpiece.

just so full of symbolism, so maybe you guys like it also:

greetings
BeN1
BeN1

Post by BeN1 »

Nazheek wrote: 26 Aug 2019 05:03 Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun.
Thought today of this sentence and thought how boss it was, had to look it up again, still is.

greetings
BeN1
BeN1

Post by BeN1 »

greetings
BeN1
BeN1

Post by BeN1 »

the ultimate. 8)

greetings
BeN1
SpellsOfTruth

Post by SpellsOfTruth »

"There was a little boy, and his father said, 'Do try to be like other people, Don't frown.' And he tried and tried, but could not. So his father beat him with a strap; and then he was eaten up by lions."
-Oliver Heaviside, Electromagnetic Theory Volume 3

"Any idiot can make something complex. A genius makes things simple."
-Terry Davis, The greatest computer programmer to ever live

"Intelligence is like a gun. Your gun is what your born with, it cannot be changed, some people got artillery cannons, some people got tiny pistols. A gun is completely useless without ammo and/or without proper use of the gun. Ammo is equivalent to experience and information(in that order). Knowing how to use your gun is equivalent to wisdom."
-Vox Day

"You are NOT your beliefs!"
-Ken Wheeler

"Our life in a nutshell is first inhale then we live then we exhale and we die. Any interruption of breathing is psychologically equivalent to starting to approaching death. This is why when breath holding the body starts to protest and eventually rioting from the inside. Key rules are this, when you let a breath out from your lungs you relax your muscles inside your body, you dont expel the air you allow it to leave your body there's a difference, imagine that you are a balloon a balloon is just deflating by itself, then you close the valve in the throat, then just wait, as you wait focus 100% of your attention on you internally or in other words on your feelings and sense and physical sensations. Your thoughts may be quite negative at this point, thats normal, don't give em any energy. Find the source within the body that is radiating fear, it will begin as fear but will soon become panic[as you continue to hold your breath]. Here is a secret, its not steady, its wave like, it goes up and down. Its like surfing, if you ride the first wave it will be much easier to ride the second. After the first wave of panic, the second wave comes in, then the third one, just hold on. The correct feeling is having the fear move from the outter parts of the body towards your middle section to the point that it possibly causes shaking of your hips. Nothing terrible is going to happen to you, do not be afraid, it is not damaging. If the panic takes over, its fine, simply start breathing explosively(in through the nose and gut, then out thru the mouth as if blowing out a candle) Done in quick succession for 2 or 3 times as long as the time you held your breath and its not just lungs. The purpose of the exercise is to locate where fear radiates within you and how to calmly confront it."

"You do not HAVE a soul. You ARE a soul."
-Matt, Quantum of Conscience

"Chance or accident is not responsible for the things that happen to you, nor is predestined fate the author of your fortune or misfortune. Your subconscious impressions determine the conditions of your world. The subconscious is not selective; it is impersonal and no respecter of persons. The subconscious is not concerned with the truth or falsity of your feeling. It always accepts as true that which you feel to be true. Feeling is the assent of the subconscious to the truth of that which is declared to be true. Because of this quality of the subconscious there is nothing impossible to man. Whatever the mind of man can conceive and feel as true, the subconscious can and must objectify. Your feelings create the pattern from which your world is fashioned, and a change of feeling is a change of pattern."
-Neville Goddard

"Jesus was a bike rider. The bible is a book about how to ride a bike."
-Jonathan nicknamed Adampants

"I remember when, I remember, I remember when I lost my mind. There was something so pleasant about that day. Even your emotions have an echo in so much space. Mm-hmm,hmm. And when you're out there, without care, yeah, I was out of touch, but it wasn't because I didn't know enough. I JUST KNEW TOO MUCH...."
-Brian Burton, Thomas Callaway

"A true warrior doesn't need a sword"
-The Troll of Jom

"Ka-Me-Ha-ME-HA!"
-Goku