I AM THE WALRUS

Click 'The Oracle' title above to enter The Oracle Forum and discuss your quest for answers with kindred spirits. Courtesy costs nothing - if you disagree with someone, disagree politely. Abuse is not tolerated.
theone

I AM THE WALRUS

Post by theone »

By Frank Zappa
https://youtu.be/3KNF7enNCpA

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.
See how they run like pigs from a gun, see how they fly.
I'm crying.
Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come.
Corporation tee-shirt, stupid bitch tuesday.
Man, you been a naughty boy, you let your face grow long.
I am the eggman, they are the eggmen.
I am the walrus, goo goo g' joob.

Mister city policeman sitting
Pretty little policemen in a row.
See how they fly like lucy in the sky, see how they run.
I'm crying, i'm crying.
I'm crying, i'm crying.

Yellow matter custard, dripping from a dead dog's eye.
Crabalocker fishwife, spud priestess,
Boy, you been a naughty girl you let your knickers down.
I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob.

Sitting in an english garden waiting for the sun.
If the sun don't come, you get a tan
From standing in the english rain.
I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob g'goo goo g'joob.
Expert textpert choking smokers,
Don't you thing the joker laughs at you?
See how they smile like pigs in a sty,
See how they snied.
I'm crying.

Semolina pilchard, climbing up the eiffel tower.
Elementary penguin singing hari krishna.
Man, you should have seen them kicking edgar allan poe.
I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob g'goo goo g'joob.
Goo goo g'joob g'goo goo g'joob g'goo.
theone

Re: I AM THE WALRUS

Post by theone »

Now Led Zeppelin has a fate much better than Crowley, despite their living on the same cursed house on the loch. They found fame and fortune, never infamy and pure suffering.

Why? They both did the Abremellin, Plant and Page both knew the price would be their souls and yet, unlike Aleister, they did gain fame and fortune and riches. Crowley still died with nothing but his own pride. Could it simply just be the music that separates them?
theone

Post by theone »

Now Led Zeppelin has a fate much better than Crowley, despite their living on the same cursed house on the loch. They found fame and fortune, never infamy and pure suffering.

Why? They both did the Abremellin, Plant and Page and Bonzo and the other dude all knew the price would be their souls and yet, unlike Aleister, they did gain fame and fortune and riches. Crowley still died with nothing but his own pride. Could it simply just be the music that separates them?
IoBoI

Post by IoBoI »

The man died without material benefit, which he always denounced despite plucking the plunders of wealth. He also hated conventional means of beauty. He was obsessed with shocking ppl and destroying their conventional views and shallow ethics
Zeppelin and Crowley both understood taking desire for flower drugs and arts to the peak of almost killing themselves.
The point was never wealth, but to establish themselves as a permanent part of human history, to be something that inspires. And, it is impossible to argue that either didnt achieve this.
Of course they had material benefit, but more importantly, cementing themselves permanently in history in inspiration.
Also Crowley was less egotistical than one may expect he mostly was “cocky” for shock value. The man lived beyond his physical perception and lived in feeling and desire. He didn’t care how he looked or how many rumors were spread, he didn’t care and now thus thousands over the years now care for him.
IoBoI

Post by IoBoI »

Crowley doing this served as a double edged sword for progress as is the nature of a man. He ascended past societal norms and convictions, inspiring countless but at the same time played the same card as we see the absurdly wealthy in today’s age play. Lies deceit and games, he certainly did real spiritual/alchemical work, but he also was willing to lie if it meant flower drugs or a fun time. Sounds like most Masonic lodges and societies that exist today right? Pursuing knowledge and esoterica for “power” rather than changing the world.
Though I must say he truly was both, rarely is a man this paradoxical but effective with his spirit, and also serving as an example for humanity of the good and bad. Like many figures this mans life was the art. The Art of Conventional man, who gives a path of freedom to all while manipulating what he wants to his own personal desires. Toxic yet freeing, crippling yet vast. He couldn’t conquer his snake of desire yet he wanted everyone to know the secrets of how to be, he hated organized structure, establishing his own only for 1) personal benefit and 2) the chance he might change a man for the better.
It’s not arguable this man represented the ravenous nature of mans desire for material and esoteric, and achieving true esoteric accomplishment while also still crippled by desire. In my eyes it’s a beautiful representation of almost every rockstar archetype
Mahavakyamurti

Post by Mahavakyamurti »

Crowley was my enemy, then he became my inspiration.
Then he revealed himself to be a demon poisoning my soul as it became clear to me how his work had hijacked my own attempt to complete The Great Work.

My wife follows another path than me but she is still in many aspects my greatest inspiration regarding spirituality; and she despises how his influence corrupted me to the brink of total devastation, before I had my psychosis and was able to restart my life. To survive; I had to root him out of my life completely, along with everything else that had possessed me (most of all my meth-fueled obsession with "taking revenge on life").

Nowdays I neither abhorr nor admire him, to me he is neither inspiring nor frightening, yet still I cannot be indifferent to his work. I relate to him like you would to an estranged uncle that you have disconnected from, from whom you have managed to learn a lot from but to an incomprehensible cost, and therefore feel the need to warn any genuine seeker to associate with.

Speaking of uncles though; through that deluded first phase of my attempt to complete the great work, I also felt the guidance from "I am the Walrus", so please allow me to share my favorite rendition of the song, performed by a late friend of my late great father: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Va5VC4j9BE0
SoHam
SoHam
Shivoham!
SoHam
BeN1

Post by BeN1 »

greetings
BeN1
society prefer
to stay
in a bubble of
illusion.
guess what I am?
a needle.
Redbeck
Location: The Rookery, 3rd Horse Chestnut along, St Johns, Britain. Teacher leave our nuts alone!

Post by Redbeck »

I love all of this, every post you good fellows, indeed perhaps fellowesses, altogether. Redbeck

Did you know that John Lennon had to pay Chuck Berry compensation, for using his tune along with two lines of lyrics from what was a significantly slowed down version of Berry's 1956 "You Can't Catch Me" with a 'swampy' bass line added by Paul McCartney.

However, as mentioned above some of the lyrics included were pretty close “Here come old flat-top/He come groovin’ up slowly,” is almost a direct lift of Berry’s “Here come a flat-top/He was movin’ up with me.”

Hairline legalities. The rest of Lennons lyrics were heavily influenced by the nonsense poems of Edward Lear, well worth reading. Anyway thought I'd add to the Walrus theme:

The Walrus and the Carpenter
BY LEWIS CARROLL

"The sun was shining on the sea,
Shining with all his might:
He did his very best to make
The billows smooth and bright —
And this was odd, because it was
The middle of the night.

The moon was shining sulkily,
Because she thought the sun
Had got no business to be there
After the day was done —
"It's very rude of him," she said,
"To come and spoil the fun."

The sea was wet as wet could be,
The sands were dry as dry.
You could not see a cloud, because
No cloud was in the sky:
No birds were flying overhead —
There were no birds to fly.

Were walking close at hand;
They wept like anything to see
Such quantities of sand:
If this were only cleared away,'
They said, it would be grand!'

If seven maids with seven mops
Swept it for half a year,
Do you suppose,' the Walrus said,
That they could get it clear?'
I doubt it,' said the Carpenter,
And shed a bitter tear.

O Oysters, come and walk with us!'
The Walrus did beseech.
A pleasant walk, a pleasant talk,
Along the briny beach:
We cannot do with more than four,
To give a hand to each.'

The eldest Oyster looked at him,
But never a word he said:
The eldest Oyster winked his eye,
And shook his heavy head —
Meaning to say he did not choose
To leave the oyster-bed.

But four young Oysters hurried up,
All eager for the treat:
Their coats were brushed, their faces washed,
Their shoes were clean and neat —
And this was odd, because, you know,
They hadn't any feet.

Four other Oysters followed them,
And yet another four;
And thick and fast they came at last,
And more, and more, and more —
All hopping through the frothy waves,
And scrambling to the shore.

Walked on a mile or so,
And then they rested on a rock
Conveniently low:
And all the little Oysters stood
And waited in a row.

The time has come,' the Walrus said,
To talk of many things:
Of shoes — and ships — and sealing-wax —
Of cabbages — and kings —
And why the sea is boiling hot —
And whether pigs have wings.'

But wait a bit,' the Oysters cried,
Before we have our chat;
For some of us are out of breath,
And all of us are fat!'
No hurry!' said the Carpenter.
They thanked him much for that.

A loaf of bread,' the Walrus said,
Is what we chiefly need:
Pepper and vinegar besides
Are very good indeed —
Now if you're ready, Oysters dear,
We can begin to feed.'

But not on us!' the Oysters cried,
Turning a little blue.
After such kindness, that would be
A dismal thing to do!'
The night is fine,' the Walrus said.
Do you admire the view?

It was so kind of you to come!
And you are very nice!'
The Carpenter said nothing but
Cut us another slice:
I wish you were not quite so deaf —
I've had to ask you twice!'

It seems a shame,' the Walrus said,
To play them such a trick,
After we've brought them out so far,
And made them trot so quick!'
The Carpenter said nothing but
The butter's spread too thick!'

I weep for you,' the Walrus said:
I deeply sympathize.'
With sobs and tears he sorted out
Those of the largest size,
Holding his pocket-handkerchief
Before his streaming eyes.

O Oysters,' said the Carpenter,
You've had a pleasant run!
Shall we be trotting home again?'
But answer came there none —
And this was scarcely odd, because
They'd eaten every one."

Pythia

Enlightenment

Post by Pythia »

I believe that eht namuh serves as a maze leading full enlightenment. In order to pass-through this maze, you must climb the 9 pillars to enlightenment. Together we must ascend.
DaddyyyQwiwi

Post by DaddyyyQwiwi »

snjsjsjsvbhjjjjjjjjj nnnjnenendjdjdnsnndns
Mahavakyamurti

Re: Enlightenment

Post by Mahavakyamurti »

Pythia wrote: 28 Jul 2020 23:29 I believe that eht namuh serves as a maze leading full enlightenment. In order to pass-through this maze, you must climb the 9 pillars to enlightenment. Together we must ascend.
My hovercraft is full of eels.
SoHam
SoHam
Shivoham!
SoHam
Redbeck
Location: The Rookery, 3rd Horse Chestnut along, St Johns, Britain. Teacher leave our nuts alone!

Post by Redbeck »

Greetings Pythia and welcome to the Oracle Forum community and thank you for your post, indeed as we track the transposed language of number from the alphabet as it is used in the English language on the site, we observe the power of 9s at work most carefully.

And another indeed from this thread, is the fact that the peak of Aleister Crowley's time with the Outer Order of the Golden Dawn, who gets more than one mention I notice, occurred in 1899. Nines in resolution and profusion, well 3 of them.

Redbeck......... but one more Walrus I feel.

Taken from a magic lantern slide in London's Science Museum