the horror film

Click 'The Oracle' title above to enter The Oracle Forum and discuss your quest for answers with kindred spirits. Courtesy costs nothing - if you disagree with someone, disagree politely. Abuse is not tolerated.
kafka

the horror film

Post by kafka »

horror films are films where you are afraid and often get a push of adrinaline.
that's also what many people find so great about horror films, of course we also watch horror films to let out aggression (haloween, friday the 13th). but i wonder why we love this adrinalin push so much.
BeN1

Re: the horror film

Post by BeN1 »

when you had the questionable honor to see some gore related content from teh interwebz you can't get a thrill anymore, when it comes to blood and splatter.

but I like the Ring 1 and the early paranormal activity movies, these psycho related movies, gives me more a thrill.

I watch saw movies and laugh about that sh*t, but if this is really that good is very questionable too.

greetings
BeN1
kafka

Post by kafka »

horror films affect our brains i know people who sometimes feel really bad and these people usually watch a lot of horror films
especially when these horror films are old (1970 ...) the
quality is then not so good and
makes everything look even more cruel. Sometimes I just feel like watching a scary movie but afterwards I often think: it just had to be !!!!!!
BeN1

Post by BeN1 »

kafka wrote: 03 Dec 2020 17:31 horror films affect our brains i know people who sometimes feel really bad and these people usually watch a lot of horror films
especially when these horror films are old (1970 ...)
just, when you mentioned old movies, I instantly thought of the Shining, but its from 1980
I heard that movie rocks specially Jack Nicholson and Stanley Kubrick is the best regisseur for some (never had seen any movie of him, shame :cry: ).

greetings
BeN1
angels.img

Post by angels.img »

i think ppl r naturally scared of death nd pain so seeing other ppl go through agony triggers something in our brains
to experience eternity
Black_Rose

Post by Black_Rose »

kafka wrote: 02 Dec 2020 16:41 horror films are films where you are afraid and often get a push of adrinaline.
that's also what many people find so great about horror films, of course we also watch horror films to let out aggression (haloween, friday the 13th). but i wonder why we love this adrinalin push so much.
Because you are addicted.
kafka

Post by kafka »

that's right!and anything that's addictive isn't good
Black_Rose

Post by Black_Rose »

everything is addictive, it is up to us to grow so as not to be dominated
kafka

Post by kafka »

it doesn't make everything addictive.
Black_Rose

Post by Black_Rose »

some are addicts of work, others of sports, of childrens, of physical appearance, of TV, of drugs, of religion, of food, of feelings ...
everything can be DRUGS
it is up to the human being to rise above NEED
BeN1

Post by BeN1 »

only ting I'm addicted 2 is mary jane, she always been good to me<3

greetings
BeN1
kafka

Post by kafka »

horror is worst when it's real