Scaly

Click 'The Oracle' title above to enter The Oracle Forum and discuss your quest for answers with kindred spirits. Courtesy costs nothing - if you disagree with someone, disagree politely. Abuse is not tolerated.
Auriorusiana

Scaly

Post by Auriorusiana »

Insight on Libra it’s the only non living zodiac directly represented by a titan. The alphabet wheel for Themis looks even like the alchemical symbol for copper. Also themis would be the aunt/sister of Aphrodite represented by Venus by some accounts. Opposite of Libra is Aries represented by Mars. Themis generally meant customs by a divine nature, less like our word for cordiality or culture and more like order and grace. Aries is a Ram while Libra is beyond a God/universal pillar. It’s also why we use lb. for pounds. The scales represent a weighing of duality to reach beyond polarity, the measurement of the physical giving insight to a divine path of balance and equality, also represented by the equal sign in the rising sun of the scales. Themis stands between Virgo and Scorpio share a symbology in a likeness to the moons of hekate with Libra being center and whole.
The dualistic nature of Libra and it’s beyond human element coupled with its relation to hermes via proximity to Virgo and also Mars/Pluto with its proximity to Scorpio on the other side resulted in a lot of snake stigmata, it also lies in the night sky near ophiuchus and serpenes

Daughter of a Union between heaven and earth and gave forth to the seasons.
Attachments
6840E4A1-87F5-4730-A4F3-C4CDF8D6D20D.jpeg
Auriorusiana

Re: Scaly

Post by Auriorusiana »

man is of season and rhythm and most find themselves at a crossroads at 18, or 9 reduced, before turning 19 and becoming 1.

Libra can be September the ninth month or October the 10th. Depending if under a star system facing more towards a 9 (finished arch or season as summer) to towards a new one in the 10th or first month in a new season (autumn). Harvest happens here as like an odometer you go back to square one, (scales of maat) and reap what you have sewn. Libra is the equal sign Libra = 1/9 as 1=9 as A=I. It can be seen as a rising or setting sun as Venus the bright morning star or Helios. Who drives a chariot similar to Themis, Themis ran the Oracles before the Pythias ran by another sun god Apollo.
Auriorusiana

Post by Auriorusiana »

Aeschylus, Eumenides 2 ff (trans. Weir Smyth) (Greek tragedy C5th B.C.) :
"The first prophet, Gaia (Gaea, Earth); and after her to Themis, for she was the second to take this oracular seat of her mother."

Bacchylides, Fragment 15 (trans. Campbell, Vol. Greek Lyric IV) (C5th B.C.) :
"It is open to all men to reach unswerving Dike (Justice), the attendant of holy Eunomia (Good Order) and wise Themis (Divine Law); blessed are they whose sons choose her to share their home."
Auriorusiana

Post by Auriorusiana »

Aeschylus, Suppliant Women 359 ff (trans. Weir Smyth) (Greek tragedy C5th B.C.) :
"Chorus [of Suppliant Maidens] : Indeed, may Themis (Justice) [here equated with Dike], daughter of Zeus the Apportioner, Themis (Justice) who protects the suppliant, look upon our flight that it bring no mischief in its wake . . .
King : It is not my own house at whose hearth you sit. If the state is stained by pollution in its commonalty, in common let the people strive to work out the cure. For myself, I will pledge no promise before I have communicated these events to all the citizens.
Chorus : You are the state, you are the people. Being subject to no judge, you rule the altar, your country's hearth by your will's sole ordinance; and, enthroned in sole sovereignty, you determine every issue. Beware pollution! . . . Look to him who looks down from above, to him, the guardian of mortals sore-distressed, who appeal to their neighbors, yet do not obtain the justice that is their right. The wrath of Zeus, the suppliant's god (hikesios), remains, and will not be softened by a sufferer's complaints.
Chorus : Never, oh never, may I fall subject to the power and authority of these men. I am determined to flee to escape this marriage that offends my soul, piloting my course by the stars.Take Justice (dikê) as your ally, and render judgment for the cause deemed righteous by the gods . . .
Chorus: Kindred to both in blood, Zeus surveys both sides alike in this dispute with an impartial scale, apportioning, as is due, to the wicked their wrongdoing and to the godly their works of righteousness. When these things are thus equally balanced, why do you fear to act justly?"

Who knew paganism could sound so gnostic
Auriorusiana

Post by Auriorusiana »

Themis was present at the birth of Apollon, nursing him on nektar (nectar) and ambrosia. She was there in her role as the prophetic goddess of the oracle of Delphoi (Delphi), which Apollon was destined to receive.

Homeric Hymn 3 to Delian Apollo 89 ff (trans. Evelyn-White) (Greek epic C7th - 4th B.C.) :
"[The Titaness] Leto [during her labour with Apollon] was racked nine days and nine nights with pangs beyond wont. And there were with her all the chiefest of the goddesses Dione and Rheia and Ikhnaie (Ichnaea) and Themis and loud-moaning Amphitrite and the other deathless goddesses . . . Then the child leaped forth to the light, and all the goddesses raised a cry. Straightway, great Phoibos (Phoebus) [Apollon], the goddesses washed you purely and cleanly with sweet water, and swathed you in a white garment of fine texture, new-woven, and fastened a golden band about you. Now Leto did not give Apollon, bearer of the golden blade, her breast; but Themis duly poured nektar (nectar) and ambrosia with her divine hands."

Pindar, Pythian Ode 11. 5 ff (trans. Conway) (Greek lyric C5th B.C.) :
"The temple that above alll others Apollon (Apollo) held in honour, and he named it the Ismenion, the seat of prophecy that knows no lie. Daughters of Harmonia, the god now summons to assemble here that band of heroine women who dwelt within this land, that you may sing in praise of holy (hiera) Themis (Divine Law) and Pytho, and the centre-stone of earth, whose word is justice--here as evening's shadows fall."

Aeschylus, Eumenides 1 ff (trans. Weir Smyth) (Greek tragedy C5th B.C.) :
"[The Pythia, prophetic priestess of the oracle at Delphoi (Delphi), speaks ] : First, in this prayer of mine, I give the place of highest honor among the gods to the first prophet, Gaia (Gaea, Earth); and after her to Themis, for she was the second to take this oracular seat of her mother, as legend tells. And in the third allotment, with Themis' consent and not by force, another Titanis (Titaness), child of Khthon (Chthon, Earth), Phoibe (Phoebe), took her seat here. She gave it as a birthday gift to Phoibos (Phoebus) [Apollon]."

Pseudo-Apollodorus, Bibliotheca 1. 22 (trans. Aldrich) (Greek mythographer C2nd A.D.) :
"Apollon . . . made his way to Delphoi (Delphi), where Themis (Divine Law) gave the oracles at that time. When the serpent Python, which guarded the oracle, moved to prevent Apollon from approaching the oracular opening, he slew it and thus took command of the oracle."
Auriorusiana

Post by Auriorusiana »

Pausanias, Description of Greece 10. 5. 5 (trans. Jones) (Greek travelogue C2nd A.D.) :
"Many and different are the stories told about Delphoi (Delphi), and even more son about the oracle of Apollon. For they say that in earliest times the oracular seat belonged to Ge (Gaea, Earth), who appointed as prophetess at it Daphnis, one of the Nymphai (Nymphs) of the mountains. There is extant among the Greeks an hexameter poem, the name of which is Eumolpia, and it is assigned to Musaios (Musaeus), son of Antiophemos (Antiophemus). In it the poet states that the oracle belonged to Poseidon and Ge (Gaea, Earth) in common; that Ge gave her oracles herself, but Poseidon used Pyrkon (Pyrcon) as his mouthpiece in giving responses. The verses are these:--`Forthwith the voice of Khthonies uttered a wise word, And with her Pyrkon, servant of the renown Earthshaker.' They say that afterwards Ge (Earth) gave her share to Themis (Divine Law), who gave it to Apollon as a gift. It is said that he gave to Poseidon Kalaureia (Calauria), that lies off Troizen (Troezen), in exchange for his oracle."

Orphic Hymn 79 to Themis (trans. Taylor) (Greek hymns C3rd B.C. to 2nd A.D.) :
"Illustrious Themis . . . first from thee alone prophetic oracles to men were known, given from the deep recesses of the fane in sacred Pythian Delphoi (Delphi), where renowned you reign. From thee Phoibos' (Phoebus') [Apollon's] oracles arose, and from thy power his inspiration flows."
Auriorusiana

Post by Auriorusiana »

[Verse 1]
You asked me to come down and watch the parade
To march down the street like the Duracell bunny
With a wink and a wave from the cavalcade
Throwing out candy that looks like money
To people passing by that all seem to be going the other way

[Chorus]
Said, "Won't you follow me down to the Rose Parade?"

[Verse 2]
Tripped over a dog in a choke-chain collar
People were shouting and pushing and saying
And I traded a smoke for a food stamp dollar
Ridiculous marching band started playing
Got me singing along with some half-hearted victory song

[Chorus]
Won't you follow me down to the Rose Parade?

[Verse 3]
The trumpeter's obviously been drinking
'Cause he's fucking up even the simplest lines
You say it's a sight that's quite worth seeing
It's just that everyone's interest is stronger than mine
When they clean the street, I'll be the only shit that's left behind