Marking the 9th - The Music Stopped in New Orleans

Click 'The Oracle' title above to enter The Oracle Forum and discuss your quest for answers with kindred spirits. Courtesy costs nothing - if you disagree with someone, disagree politely. Abuse is not tolerated.
Redbeck
Location: The Rookery, 3rd Horse Chestnut along, St Johns, Britain. Teacher leave our nuts alone!

Marking the 9th - The Music Stopped in New Orleans

Post by Redbeck »

The Music Stopped in New Orleans

I was newly employed in Brussels when this story was told to me,
Working alongside a comic spirit who was the senior barge clerk
of oil platforms’ administration strung across the wild North sea.
His name was George Guidry, the family name spoken as Gidree,
French Quarter in New Orleans, family tree went back to the ark
He told me the saga of when Hurricane Betsy struck the Big Easy

A climate change herald, ninth of September, nineteen sixty five
First up Hurricane Betsy, ripped through the Bahamas and Florida
Making landfall west of the mouth of the Mississippi River, to rive
Grand Isle, Louisiana apart, this ravenous storm gobbled it alive,
Betsy turns upriver to New Orleans, that hurricane overrode her
Mississippi waters rose ten feet, would those staying put survive?

The music had stopped in New Orleans, drowned in torrential rain
Climate change still a mystery term, but seventy six then lay dead
A buoyant city broken by the swollen waters of Lake Pontchartrain
A gigantic rebuild, 15 billion in today’s money, assessors maintain
Yet new flood defence data was never projected far enough ahead
Fifty years on Katrina blew, silenced that sweet soul music again.

A. McTiernan

http://www.973-eht-namuh-973.com/Alchem ... TS%207.htm

Auriorusiana

Re: Marking the 9th - The Music Stopped in New Orleans

Post by Auriorusiana »

yeah, we got the first city to leave this realm when mother nature goes awol, ever heard of it?

Yeah, we got the poorest infrastructure comically built on purpose to be shitty bc we know something is just gonna knock it down next year, eva heard of it?

Yeah my president and his president before him dont give a single fuck bc they can’t understand the basics of geography, bet you haven’t heard of it.

I know America’s been a joke experiment for awhile now, but there hasn’t been a president in the last 40 years who understood the slightest of Louisiana’s issues but I bet they’ll be real mad it affects trade with mexico. If drugs can’t be trafficked into the US we’ll experience an economic collapse.

There’s a big ol drain around nola that leads into archaic drainage and sewer systems sorta like the book Tunnels that takes place in London. But if we ever fixed the flooding issues the states around us would be out of a job when it comes to cleaning up and putting lights up.

So instead of ever fixing anything which can be done, we’re wasting more money every year by half ass fixing segments of everything and not redoing everything, bc if the drainage worked too well, bordering states are out of a job, it’s essentially better and easier to leave it half assed done until we flood and have to move out of the area and let nature take it back.

A damn Fox News anchor cracked a smile talking abt 900k ppl without power bc he knew the neglect of the situation and how everyone in DC looks at it likes it’s a joke even tho the gulf coast is basically the only reason why northern states aren’t immediately flooding.

Everyone in DC thinks they can put this off until the waterfront property moves up and the Gulf of Mexico gets bigger and extends inland more and then you’ve only accomplished allowing hurricanes more room over water to reach northern states, which aren’t at all designed to handled flooding, and bc of their elevation will cause mudslides over everything, all bc our president decides basically “well if Louisiana is getting flooded that’s THEIR problem don’t affect me up here in the north” and that’s the mindset thats going to destroy everything from Louisiana, Mississippi, To Oklahoma, and New Jersey. It will happen in the next 100 years if nothing changes.

Essentially the Smokey mountains will be filled with salt and brackish water wiping out all that lush rainforest, and the east coast will be nearly separated from the rest of the country. The north east will become nearly impossible to live in, bc of the constant elevation changes that spawn torrents of mud carving through cities never meant to deal with flooding.

All while increasing territory for hurricanes to erode more and more, all bc our presidents would rather do whatever they actually do bc it’s obvious they have a lot of free time when they aren’t running the country/staging riots.

The worlds longest chord grass artificial island would be enough to make leverage in fending against hurricanes, it’s that “simple” we have the What of the situation it’s time to explore the Hows.

On god if a shithole monument to the human condition is capable of making those islands with people living on them (which shouldn’t be happening they’ll sink) we can create miles and miles of marshland, in concentric rings, to catch sediment and allow wildlife to rebuilt it.

But idk I’m just spitballing what do I know Louisiana has the poorest education of the country, but maybe that’s a good thing, bc if I went to school in DC or california I’d probably still believe we came from monkeys and that anyone discovered america
Auriorusiana

Post by Auriorusiana »

Everyone’s all caught up on fake News like yeah that’s an issue but I’ve long held a forked tongue the tricks of hermes are nothing new, atleast when it comes to straight soil and terraforming you get what you get the way the Mississippi meanders will never change, you’ll always be able to guess it’s direction and how it’ll erode into the land for the next 1000 years. The direction of a river is cardinal.

You can spend entire lifetime after lifetime talking abt fake news but you’d never notice the land disappearing before your feet and the actual atrocity of the government neglecting the tech to fix it bc it would rather lie and play the show, and the only people “awake” would rather spend their lives pointing the finger that the government is lying, only for everyone to just drown in the end, thus is the human condition.

Only a handful of values outside of morality should matter to any logical person for the next coming years, your parapsychology, your ability to heal, the ability to farm, own a gun, and listen to yourself rather than the government i guess.

Covid doesn’t matter never mattered if you’re in a position where you know more about how to prevent covid from spreading and know nothing of simple farming you’ve already lost. Anything in media is preventing you from achieving the pinnacle of what it means to be a human which was at the beginning with Cain and Able. No one deserves to enter the garden again or bring the slightest remnants of it back if they cannot understand the basics of nature, this pretty much leaves nearly everyone in a city who is dependent on the city to survive as being nearly incapable of anything worthwhile in the future but I could be wrong I often am and I’ve seen the needle threaded before.

For the human who doesn’t like to get their hands dirty, and would literally starve to death even if you put the seeds and soil in front of them, natural selection is not favoring those people, and I can hardly bring myself to respect those people. I myself don’t farm rn, I don’t have to I guess as long as society is upkept, but I do know I’d be able to farm well when I need to, and that’s what winning and taking advantage of both worlds is.

People who can’t cook for themselves will be some of the first to go, bc they’re the least useful, also Mother Nature will find a way to take her most beloved out of this world early to prevent suffering for them, so you cant really judge a book by when it dies.

Also if anyone has ever eaten fast food everyday longer than a week you’re the reason why and no god respects you but hey I mean you can definitely still be performing miracles even if you are but atleast I’m not eating out a trough
Auriorusiana

Post by Auriorusiana »

In conclusion to one of my too many rants that I’ll be cutting off now for the sake of smarter people around me.

If you noticed your schooling was fake or your government was lying to you and you spend all day white knighting that shit, you are simply someone who realized they were losing and did nothing.

If you don’t take the opportunity to notice you’re losing to actually do something like we are meant to like Cain and Abel was, atleast Cain actually followed through with murder and invented sarcasm in the process, you’re useless and fodder after the moment of your realization. The only important part of you realizing you’ve been programmed is the realization, what’s divine is returning to actual skills that have been kept from you.

If you can play minecraft but cannot go into the woods rn and survive for Atleast a couple months before going insane or being eaten, you are what defines subhuman. What the fuck is a liberal arts degree going to do when you can’t cook anything besides craft mac? I’m not even a great cook myself I’m just not dependent on being fed by a conveyor belt.

I sound like the cock of the walk, and it’s bc this mindset is. The 40 years spend in political, marketing, influencing, real estate, etc will be useless compared to one man who just farmed the entire time like an ACTUAL person. Via law of natural selection and concepts found in Rokos basilisk people with liberal arts degrees, marketers, salesman, etc are likely to be killed off faster than anyone, but also a salesman can be a farmer often times theyre the same, but for the person whose diet is eating out and their dream is to become a marketer, I’m happy to see your kind swept out, you’re a big reason why we have to be in the first place.

People should be learning useful skills and trades and I’ll be on that train, even if the world doesn’t flood again atleast I actually learned something useful that will exist in every reality, afterlife or not, the liberal arts won’t. I can’t think of a single person who has done something real for the world ever that made their path being a marketer, real estate agent, salesman, or liberal arts major bc as far as I’m concerned that doesn’t exist
Auriorusiana

Post by Auriorusiana »

The sooner anyone with a useless profession realizes their incapability the sooner the world starts learning useful ideas
Auriorusiana

Post by Auriorusiana »

Most people give them seeds and soil they will still manage to fuck it up. Give them the Internet and ability to learn abt it and they won’t.

Like koalas, if you take a eucalyptus leaf off the tree and put it on a plate for them, they will usually not know what to do with it, and the animal will starve literally just bc it’s not on a tree. In the same way when people who have never eaten from the wild will not know what to do when it’s time to not buy food from stores, most people today if you gave them the vegetables they needed right in front up them still couldn’t cook SOMETHING like no ones expecting you to be a talented chef EVERYONE is expecting people to be able to sauté mushrooms or carrots or some of the simplest of cooking.

I’m not gonna say those people who can’t do deserve to die, but if you’re not willing to learn no one will have sympathy and no one should
Redbeck
Location: The Rookery, 3rd Horse Chestnut along, St Johns, Britain. Teacher leave our nuts alone!

Post by Redbeck »

Dear Auriorusiana,

Thank you for your wonderful posts all spawned by a poem.

I didn’t know you were dweller or a native of New Orleans, I spent a few weeks working there many years ago what a wonderful place it was. Anyway a few more observations on what needs doing as climate change really takes hold.

Warmest regards Redbeck

The catastrophic failure of levees and other flood control structures during Hurricane Katrina, demonstrated that New Orleans still faced a series of jaw-dropping fundamental challenges in terms of the city’s vulnerability to future flood damage as a result of up-river storm surges often generated by major hurricanes. Climate change is not only driving sea levels upward but increasing the volume and intensity of rainfall, as successive weather events inundate vast swathes of the metropolitan area. It is becoming increasingly obvious that sustainably resilient “structural” protection is only a part of the solution.

Past experiences in New Orleans, as well as many other susceptible coastal cities located at the mouth of major rivers in hurricane paths, clearly evidence that "structural" protection measures — levees, floodwalls, pumps, and floodgates etc. alone — are unable to insulate these cities from all possible, now probable storm surge events. Other measures are needed to reduce the risk of property damage from storm surges. Quite simply, the existing protection system must be augmented with "non-structural".

Amongst these measures recommended by assessors, which continue to feed capitalism and don’t strike me as entirely structurally unrelated, are incentives for the elevation of existing or new structures or for relocation to lower-risk areas, revised building codes, and land use restrictions designed to curtail future urban growth on the floodplain.

Factors such as loss of coastal lands to subsidence and erosion and rising sea levels, along with population recovery and growth, will undoubtedly increase the risk as time passes without remedy, and we now have a much clearer forecast picture of their impact in the future as we sit today. Yet still the estimates of storm surge risk systems currently in use by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers which support local planning fail to embrace the contingency needed to address these types of uncertainties. Indeed climate change is not really accepted at grass roots level, and there is always one eye on the cost.

As a result, what must be government led improvements in levees, floodgates, as well as other overflow and water channeling away and absorption infrastructure designed to protect coastal Louisiana is consistently insufficient, knowing that future risks will always be higher than predicted.

Non-structural measures however can make New Orleans less vulnerable to storm surge and can do so cost-effectively. These measures include incentives for elevating existing or new structures or for relocation to lower-risk areas and land use restrictions designed to curtail future growth in the floodplain. However, these measures alone may not be sufficient to reduce risk from the most extreme storms. Planners should combine all structural measures including relocation of homes measures to safer locations but couple that with the restoration of permanent and additional wetlands and levee planting with water absorbent species. Use natural rocks to build the structure, possibly limestone that holds and channels water, vast interstate water pipelines from wet to dry states creating wetlands, reservoirs and canals all upgrades likely to reduce future damage.

Redbeck

Post by Redbeck »

A Message from David Denison, follow the link below using the milestones beneath

http://www.973-eht-namuh-973.com/Alchem ... 202211.htm

Redbeck

Post by Redbeck »

Another message from David Denison, follow the link using the milestones beneath

http://www.973-eht-namuh-973.com/Alchem ... 202212.htm

Auriorusiana

Post by Auriorusiana »

Hey man always fun to talk to what I imagine as a lobby man/librarian/host of this digital temple.

My mother could remember when the french market in the city was still made from wood. And there are many bloodline ties to specific families here. Some of our Krewes are as powerful as the daily dwindling masons, ancient history and long lineages in these Krewes, very interesting too bc not many places in the world do you have the leaders of the mystery schools around here literally just partying on floats but these are the ruling families here and I won’t say theyre no less susceptible to corruption but I find that when the focus of their Krewes and blood ties are centered on art and culture (not that masonry isn’t but I’ll digress on another generalization) their outcomes are generally just a good time for everyone, they nearly all have to have deep respect and admiration for their arts of costumes, rights and rituals, and all aspects. We also have more wonderful examples of black and white magic(k) than most places around bc cultural the voodoo here is nearly as old and strongly rooted as Catholicism.

New Orleans has been a cultural melting pot of the ages before even america was conceptualized and as a result of being older than america we are given special privileges as much as we are outright forgotten and ignored

Insulation was a very choice word. Unless a complete renovation of the flood system is revised which would be pointless bc in 20 years it would be useless. I’m certain now terraforming is going to be the only way and that even so the entire city will have to be raised, made to float.

Can you believe wooden houses older than my constitution are just outright forgotten by my president bc the only places that exist in a politicians mind is california New York and Epstein’s islands. Oh and sometimes DC. I digress again.

New Orleans is venerated as what I consider to be the most cultural melting pot of American and yes that’s home town bias but it’s also the fact that New Orleans has been what New York is for immigration and trade for a few hundred years older than even when George Washington’s father was even conceived.

I’m a firm believer in the seasoning of lands and peoples, it feels like how people who go to Mecca believe that the stone carries a piece of power from everyone who has touched it, and logically this makes sense. There’s few energies in the world like you will find walking across streets older than North American countries.
It’s not even bliss or movie esque, the raw energy of literally demons roaming the streets and ancestral angelic kindness emanating like oasis’s of eddies in the torrent of mud that is the Mississippi.

Atleast wirh our degrading coasts, as life threatening(I say that like there’s a chance we could be spared) the situation is,but provides a unique opportunity to study and gather data, leading me to believe we will be leading the forefront in the innovations of terraforming and water management. After all it’s not like we’re casually studying we have a real monster to fight and his name is Typhon.

Very few places in the world with murder rates that compete with detroit, deeply saturated evil with some of the oldest and influential church presences, one of the only three places in america where it’s completely legal to drink in the streets, and the only state in america with parishes, meaning even our entire state layout is fundamentally different from other states, instead of grid and blocky patterns we hold a fragment of Brahe sacred geometry of the ancient cities.

I’ve got ancestors from Haiti, which I gotta say saint dominican and Haiti has some of the most well preserved ancient city patterns, it’s actually fascinating to see a modern blocky rectangle system vs the geometric masterpieces of the old world. I also have Native American in me from my ancestors marrying many jewish immigrants, although nowadays it’s my firm belief that somehow the native Americans have had contact with Jewish peoples longer than history can properly out together atm

Truly it is rare to see how such a diverse group of peoples have come together to built a unique culture not found anywhere else yet comes from nearly everywhere.
By default, genealogically speaking cities like these are the forefront for the forerunners of new root races and also are good places where archaic dna has been preserved which is probably why all those shapeshifters and shadow men be running around.

What did you do when you were here? And did you ever leave the city?

We also carry a lot of pre resets architecture not nearly as much as europe or most places in america even but true these buildings are out of time spectacles never truly appreciated and nearly always being half used

Hey since you dig abrahamic faiths you’d love the Krewe of Endymion, one of the best night parades there always is, and the most advanced and modern floats. It is also hands down the most chaotic of them all bc even if they’re packed wirh the Zulu parades it isn’t nearly as chaotic as Endymion.

Nearly all Krewes are parallels of Greek/Roman myth and native culture/African culture. Every year they designed their floats and gifts to throw out. And to ride these parades and through to bystanders you must either be invited, pay $5k or both. Depending on which Krewe.

If the coast goes, we all go, so anyone reading this you can’t just shrug off Louisiana to Florida unless you want to see entire cities in the north buried in mud bc all of the sudden the gulf is of Mexico is 1/3 bigger and the south East gets a 1/3 smaller.

I don’t believe there’s richer culture anywhere else in america. Sure New York City has been the archetypal immigrant haven but New Orleans technically views America as the immigrant if anything, and we’ve been taking in immigranrs with suprisingly little discrimination for the times. We’ve in fact always been so inviting for immigrants and people in exodus that Creole genealogy is some of the most complex in terms of tracing it’s origins/what it actually means. Creoles can be anything from german/African, French/native, spanish/black, etc and usually all of the above and it’s been happening even before the first plantations in Louisiana.

Oh also Lee Harvey Oswald is from here that’s a neat fact. Yeah I definitely hold a huge heir of superiority in terms of a successful city/state when it comes to Louisiana. Last in education and poor as balls but people here have undying wisdom that America has generally lacked when it comes to how culture wnd deep saturated history is good fertilizer for holy people.

Put it this way, I’m white as snow my grandfather platinum blonde, I was not raised in French and hardly speak it even tho my last name is it and I do consider myself cajun, I wasn’t raised much on the culture not really at all, but the fact that it was always around me and others cultures completely different than mine yet rooted in the same mud all around gives you a unique learning experience than say vs New York where you can meet a lot of cultural people but New York was never really founded with it culture and seasoned people. No matter what China town isn’t China, however with New Orleans the French quarter was once an actual part of France, before even america was thought of, making one city more powerful by default in terms of wisdom, merely just bc it survived
Auriorusiana

Post by Auriorusiana »

This is why I think it’s worthy of respect vs cities that were built relatively modern yet are always seen as the archetypal beacon of culture in America, this is illusion, it would be like trying understand Spanish people via observing a tourist trap gift shop. New Orleans is insanely valuable in this regard to anyone wirh good tastes, but not that it has any less tourist traps. And if you’re someone who thinks this is unimportant sincerely fuck you, degen, the modern adoration for culture as a gimmick and not as a way of life of observation and evaluating where people come from and how they come to be has crippled us as a species.

Cajuns comes from the word Acadian which idk where it stems from by it sounds like Akkad as in Sumeria. The French colonized a lot of North America from what is now Quebec to New Orleans to Maine. One day Britain comes and says bow to the king lest ye be killed or made to leave your land, most French say I bow to no man but god, so they migrate south towards Maine to Tennessee to New Orleans. And this dialect went from Acadian to Cajun

This means the majority of people from New Orleans to Quebec and most of Ontario to Main to Alabama and Georgia are genetically related and a lot closer than you think

Oh and since you’re a fan of poems and Shakespeare you might enjoy our tale of Evangeline, abt a girl sent away in the expulsion of Quebec/Nova Scotia and being separated from her lover Gabriel
Redbeck

Post by Redbeck »

Wow Auriorusiana thank you again,

What a presentation for the Big Easy, amazing descriptions of society, the voodoo I have learned quite a bit about as I have many religions, but would not qualify myself as a follower, no Baron Samedi be I. I was 27 in New Orleans, I was working for McDermotts in Brussels, Belgium [We had had Bergeron's, Thibodeaux's, Bruchet's, Guidry's and Tusa's working around me. I was sent to New Orleans head office on a project for a few weeks. I love Cajun music and Zydeco, big fan of Clifton Chenier and also Aaron Neville [he's got the same ancestry as you]. Been outside New Orleans to Baton Rouge, Layfette and Opolousas.

Regards Redbeck

Yet another perspective on climate change, fossil fuel burning driven by the activities of humans in pursuit of the heavily flawed ideology of capitalism.

Above is view from Ossett Grammar School playing fields circa 1960 looking out over the town of Ossett, West Yorkshire where I grew up. Note the level of CO2 emissions pollution in the atmosphere, basically belching from mill chimneys powered by fossil fuels.

The vast quantities of sulphurous smoke generated by burning tons of locally produced coal had to be dissipated into the atmosphere somehow, which was the role of the mill chimneys. The coal mines, of which there were many across the county, are all closed now.

Nevertheless, successive governments continued to advocate purchasing cheaper coal from Europe and other parts of the world to burn and generate electricity, only very slowly have we converted our power stations to generate cleaner electricity by burning natural gas and what could well turn rapidly into an unsustainable ‘red herring’ as a solution bio fuels. However as the prices of natural gas for heating and cooking have soared, what were mothballed coal fired electricity generating plants have had to be brought back into service on occasion. We now have ever expanding wind turbine farms generating power from the elements as well as solar power solutions but nowhere near enough. We still build inadequately insulated homes in quantity and nowhere near enough insulated dwellings to curb demand, building materials manufacture for these homes still has a significant carbon footprint, while not necessarily reducing the final building’s carbon footprint by a quantum leap.

There is so much work to do to focus on saving the future of humankind, yet the energy of labour is focused on nonsense like defence hardware, armaments, rail projects that bring no added travel benefits and put extra stress on the national grid but admittedly generate employment, vanity projects perhaps the worst culprits.

FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW TO A MUCH EARLIER POST. Some of the above is an extract from that post

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15209&p=13161&hilit ... ing#p13161

Another useful main site link from David Denison, follow milestones beneath

by Redbeck » 21 Mar 2020 17:30

THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL
Post by Redbeck » 09 Sep 2019 13:02
HERE IS THE POST FOR THE 9TH OF THE 9TH 2019

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15084&p=12465&hilit ... ILL#p12465
Auriorusiana

Post by Auriorusiana »

You’d be a great samedi or something like Charon figure guiding souls in and out through this wonderland.

Also in that picture are those darker clouds the actual smog in the sky? If that’s the case that’s impressive

I’m not from New Orleans I live on the northshore currently although I change locations frequently but the northshore is where I was raised and grew up. So the country more than city really.

Our swamps are horrible for emissions, it’s a carbon sink that just traps greenhouse gases in already humid thick Aired areas, snowballing the effects even worse.

Vanity projects are dangerous yes, Dubai is a good example of that. There’ll be a new rush to “fix” all of Louisiana’s coast in all sorts of new outlandish ideas and methods, from the most simple to Atlantropa esque feats. The most sure solution would be building artificial marshland and marshland is some of the easiest to build up but hardest to sustain without damage.

The city must’ve been very different back then, as ancient as we are it’s no exception to gentrification and modernity.

My blood is Boudreauxs, Mathernes, Gervais dating back to the wars of 1812 where they immigrated from French occupied Haiti and somewhere in there are the original German coast immigrants. Forêt being my favorite and nearest name although I have no blood relation to other Forêt trees due to a mixup in naming my father whose blood was Boudreaux but due to that mishap I now have my entire own Forêt lineage. Ironic that the name for farmer (Boudreaux) was confused with Forest (forêt) and now there’s only one tree of mine of that last name.

My mothers side are Crows and relate back to the infamous sergeant York.

My dad was from houma which is some of the most rural and backwater cities of all of southern Louisiana they also got hit the hardest during Ida. My dads side is all southern Louisiana/immigrated from Haiti, mom is entirely Arkansas to northeast mountain folk of Jewish immigrants and Native American, I even found a reverend who was a Freemason and I only know this bc the only surviving pic of Rev David Wright Andrews has his G logo pin with him.

I also was able to trace back to ancestors recorded in the doomsdays book, however history and censuses get very muddled that far back but I’m supposed to have relatives in these parts of England

William Champion - st. Just, Cornwall, 1663 also Madron
Elizabeth Peirce - Paul, Cornwall, 1718
John Champion - Phillack, Cornwall, 1628 also St Enoder, Cornwall, and Cutmadoc
Nancy J Bowen - Lea, Herefordshire 1775

If you have any info on these location I’m highly interested the archaic churches I’ve found online are highly interesting and a lot of these villages are very remote and scarcely populated.
Redbeck

Post by Redbeck »

A quick reply Auriorusiana,

You have amazing descriptive powers , Yes that is real smog mill chimney pollution in the photograph circa 1960, Haiti continues to take a weather event beating year on year which saddens me.

Is this the church in Cornwall you've seen "St. Just in Roseland"? Now Cornwall still has peat bogs soaking up carbon dioxide:

"The moors of Bodmin, Dartmoor and Exmoor hold significant regional and national deposits of peat in the form of blanket bogs and valley mires. These wetland habitats are complex ecosystems that support diverse and unique ecology of national and international importance."

Auriorusiana

Post by Auriorusiana »

I can’t remember but I’m definitely gonna double back and find it. I started looking in google earth in these areas in England since they still only have populations of >1000. I remember finding a changeling stone in one of them where mothers would pass their babies through this monolithic stone circle to change them back

I’ve always known carbon sink swamps pool greenhouse gasses of course but I never knew they actually begin to filter it which makes a lot of sense. I always thought there’s simply not enough vegetation in swamps to keep an even keel with the emissions, I didn’t think most swamps could process emissions like that I thought only really the Amazon and large bodies could only do that.

Also have you seen the beautiful structure of Haitis cities? They have Mile long starforts hidden in plain sight. Star tips that are miles long jutting off the edge it’s beautiful and still symmetrical.

Most buildings in Haiti and places like the Virgin Islands have their whole houses and neighborhoods built entirely out of cement. Simple solution however they do have the benefits of solid rocky ground to build on instead of swampy river plains.

If you’re ever back in town give me a call I will take you on a tour to some of our most glorious tourist traps and most obscure corners and show you all the street voodoo it takes a whole new meaning to graffiti.