Proto-Genesis

Click 'The Oracle' title above to enter The Oracle Forum and discuss your quest for answers with kindred spirits. Courtesy costs nothing - if you disagree with someone, disagree politely. Abuse is not tolerated.
Ragian Azariah

Proto-Genesis

Post by Ragian Azariah »

How far back do you want to go? I have a story to tell. Listen closely.

--------------------
Proto Genesis

This is just a story. Not an ounce of truth to it. Purely conjured by my lonesome imagination.

Before there was light, before the idea of time was conceived, there was only darkness and silence. In this darkness there was one drifting in and out of sleep. The more this being dreamed (dreams now long forgotten) the more he awoke. In his wake his awe grew, awe at what this wakefulness was and how different it felt compared to the blankness of his sleep’s unconscious.

His awe soon made him to ponder and wonder his existence. “Who am I? Where did I come from? What is this place.” At first no answers came but these repetitive questions strengthened his memory and answers were made to be found.
“Who am I? I am the one asking these questions. Where did I come from? I came from not knowing to finding answers to my questions. What is this place? This place seems to be growing the more I know.” His knowledge and ideas kept growing as time passed by and so did his questions which were ever increasing and ever growing more complex. “Why am I here? Why do I ask so many questions? Why am I alone?”

It was then that the being first started to feel. Feel alone with his never ending questions. And these questions started to irritate him. He could have stopped asking, he could have become ignorant, dumb, and drifted back into deep sleep where there was no guarantee of waking again. But he chose to be awake with his restless mind. Maybe he could satisfy every question with an answer. Answers that will give him peace of mind.

After being alone for an eternity with a restless mind, thoughts piling up, questions outnumbering answers, which were becoming more and more senseless. He was about to lose his mind. He could take it no longer. So he screamed his frustrations at the dense darkness surrounding him.

“WHO AM I?!!! WHO AM I?!!!

Silence.

Silence not just in his surroundings, his mind became quiet for the first time in a long time. He was waiting for a response. An answer to his question from somewhere else. At that moment he realized how alone he was. He felt sadness, grief, loneliness. He felt cold. He regretted choosing to find answers to all his questions. He wished he had chosen ignorant bliss. He wished he was dead. Though it was too late for that. He knew too much and felt too much that it was impossible to kill his memories. But now that there was quiet in his mind, sleep overtook him, a long deep sleep.

Little did that being know that someone heard him. Someone from the other side of the universe. Also alone but less troubled with questions. And more preoccupied with dreaming. Now that someone also thought she was alone. Until his voice gave her hope that one day they would meet in the vast universe.

The end for now.
"From my mind to these pages
to another time and another reader's eyes,
it's amazing how I can speak to you
over time and distance.
That is the Beauty of Literature."
-P.L.R.