Lost in Paradise Street - Marking the 9th of August 2022

Click 'The Oracle' title above to enter The Oracle Forum and discuss your quest for answers with kindred spirits. Courtesy costs nothing - if you disagree with someone, disagree politely. Abuse is not tolerated.
Redbeck
Location: The Rookery, 3rd Horse Chestnut along, St Johns, Britain. Teacher leave our nuts alone!

Lost in Paradise Street - Marking the 9th of August 2022

Post by Redbeck »

Lost in Paradise Street

It’s the 9thof August today, a fact that we cannot deny,
Unless it is the Julian calendar which I attempt to apply,
And as Pope Gregory, the eighth’s version shall prevail,
Let me grasp this train of thought distinctly by the tail.
There’s many roads misguidedly called Paradise Street
in our country, that often fail to live up to such a name.
For there are those who have lived on a Paradise Street,
slipping backwards desperate not to return there again.
Underprivileged families, hanging on the edge of a life,
care of skip dives, food banks and free school dinners.
Crowded into houses, totally unfit homes for a dozen,
Mental health goes unseen, as does abuse and shame.
‘Paradise on the sign, an entrapment of false promises.
No heat, no light to brighten this abject cave of retreat,
old ladies swaddled, friendless against the chill of night.
Far cry from the fair Albion you promised we’d reclaim,
No hint of paradise, on these streets ruled by the knife,
We vote in hope, but nothing changes, life gets worse,
you owe us a better world than this, make no mistake,
we the lost and unfound, vow you will take the blame.

A McTiernan

"THE END OF DAYS IN SIGHT. AND THE GOD OF CHAOS WILL RULE OK!"

SAPTARSHI

http://www.973-eht-namuh-973.com/Alchemy/SAPTARSHI.htm
Dracavis

Re: Lost in Paradise Street - Marking the 9th of August 2022

Post by Dracavis »

Hello Redbeck,

Yesterday and much of today I was thinking about the seemingly unjust nature humans can find themselves in. I appreciate reading your words of truth on the blindness of our societies' and our forgetfulness of promised prosperity.
My mind has been preoccupied about concern for humanity, as from humanity's past injustices and current failures it would seem like we are headed towards a much darker future then I had once anticipated. The human predators which prey upon the meek poison our wells all humans drink from. The quality of life has improved in many ways but there are many who suffer the same old horrors and the new horrors we have birthed.

What does our intricate web of society hold for us as we continue to weave it to encompass more and more human lives. This web we weave has many flaws which see it weakened, broken and even destroyed. When the pillars the web is woven to are removed it begins to collapse inwards and it's shape deformed. Some strong wind of change might rip holes in the web or even uproot it from it's home. As the weight of the lost and abused increases it threatens to pull the web down. How can we be certain our web won't be destroyed by some unseen force which sees it as undesirable to its' environment or well being.

Sometimes I think of returning to the Void, but I continue to wish to see the light life. I remind myself even though there are human monster living amongst us, there are those who are humans which carry the light of life within them. Reality presents life with many obstacles, some of which can not be overcome by the individual or even the group. However it is possible to lessen the effect these obstacles impose on our lives, still it is not an ideal situation to be in. I wish there was a place for the forgotten to overcome their abuse and be able to live their lives in a compassionate land. Maybe that wish will come true someday, but for now I watch and when I am able I do what I can in the name of that wish.

There is much I wish to say but that will have to wait for another time.
Joshua4Riley

Post by Joshua4Riley »

I Love your knowledge but you should pray for answers
You must give
Redbeck
Location: The Rookery, 3rd Horse Chestnut along, St Johns, Britain. Teacher leave our nuts alone!

Post by Redbeck »

Dear Dracavis,

Welcome back I hope your other journeys have enriched your soul, I would like to in turn thank you for your highly literate summary of the way the world stands and the flawed qualities of those who degrade the honour and morality demanded of leadership amongst humankind. I hope you will return soon with further valuable commentary.

Warmest Regards Redbeck

Also welcome to the Oracle forum community to new member Joshua4Riley with a flurry of short but sweet post observations.

We look forward to more Redbeck