Concerning the numbers three and six.

Click 'The Oracle' title above to enter The Oracle Forum and discuss your quest for answers with kindred spirits. Courtesy costs nothing - if you disagree with someone, disagree politely. Abuse is not tolerated.
Road104

Concerning the numbers three and six.

Post by Road104 » 18 Feb 2008 01:48

We all know the significance behind the number nine, whatever that significance is. However, I have noted something interesting about the numbers three and six.

As multiplying nine by anything WILL result in the end product via Reducing to Deduce being nine, I have noticed that multiplying three or six by anything WILL result in the end product via Reducing to Deduce being three, six, or nine.

It may simply be a simple act of the fact that three is a divisor of nine, and also one of six, but I am not completely certain. If anyone can enlighten me to any significance these numbers may have, please do.

EsotericRule

Re: Concerning the numbers three and six.

Post by EsotericRule » 22 Apr 2009 00:48

The reason lies in the inherent structures in and of reality. Number is also geometry, in aggregate as well as of itself.

Emblazoned on Plato's door at the Academy of Athens - "Let no one enter who does not know geometry."

.........................../Geometry\

....................../Philosophy Number\

Which infers that many whom the world calls Philosophers (but who can not or do not offer up geometric or mathematical proofs of their contentions)....are not. They are merely opinionists...waiting on a real philosopher to connect the opinion to what has been waiting (in the fullness) to intersect with it.
I shall abide within the Shadow of Ideas, and take my ease.

EsotericRule

Re: Concerning the numbers three and six.

Post by EsotericRule » 19 May 2009 10:17

"Relics of the lunar calendar are quite abundant in the Lithuanian and Latvian etnography. A custom remains to our day: upon seeing the new crescent Moon, one addresses it as kunigaikštis (a duke) or dievaitis (a young god) and begs for good health [18]. The four phases of the Moon are considered important for beginning of most farm work, especially, sowing and planting [31].

The magic numerals 3, 7, 9, 18 and 27, so frequent in the Lithuanian folklore, may be related to the archaic lunar calendar. It is quite probable that the oldest numeration in the history of mankind was trecimal. Strokes or dots which make the ornaments of the Neolithic ceramic artifacts are often grouped in triades. Number three and its multiples are found in many Lithuanian folk songs and legends. And even ritual formulas acquire their magic power only when repeated thrice. A drink boiled from a mixture of herbs gathered on an early morning of the Midsummer Day (summer solstice) from 3 fields in bunches of 9 different herbs, has particular magic properties. Historical records give evidence that the week of ancient Balts was 9 days long. Thus, the siderical month must have been divided into three parts. It is quite probable that a similar week is represented by a deer with nine horns, a popular character of the Lithuanian Advent songs. Trecimal numbers and crescent-shaped pendants have been found on a bronze necklace excavated in a 2000 years-old Baltic grave [32]. (Fig. 13). On each side of the artifact there are repeated groups of 3 and 9. "

Cosmology of The Ancient Balts.

That they still cling to the old knowledge is interesting, given the number of times Rome (in its various itterations and through diverse proxies) has attempted to wipe them out.
I shall abide within the Shadow of Ideas, and take my ease.