Gyorgy Lukacs

Click 'The Oracle' title above to enter The Oracle Forum and discuss your quest for answers with kindred spirits. Courtesy costs nothing - if you disagree with someone, disagree politely. Abuse is not tolerated.
hope

Gyorgy Lukacs

Post by hope » 30 Jun 2019 20:21

By Vladimir Tismaneanu-February 22, 2017
Professor of Politics and Director of the Centre for the Study of Post-Communist

Remembering Gyorg Lukacs
Against a repressive act of forgetting.

In Hungary there is a removing statue of philosopher Gyorgy (Georg) Lukacs: He was a Marxist and Jewish," so read a
headline in the Hungarian Free a press," with an opening note that this is something one would expect from
the "Nazi Germany in the 1930s but not Budapest in 2017.

image.jpeg

Hegelian Marxism and with it the whole tradition of Eastern Europe's critical (humanist, revisionist etc.)
Marxism under attack. I read Georg (Gyorgy) Lukacs when I was 18. I knew from family that he was celebrated
thinker and had served as minister of culture in Imre Nagy's family government, before the Soviet tanks
crushed the Hungarian revolution.

The book I read was a collection of his writings on literature and art translated into Romanian, with a foreword
by N. Tertulian.
As a college student, I read a "History and Consciousness" in the "special fund" of the central University
Library. To do it, I need a recommendation from a professor, the book was considered seditious.

At a certain moment, Lukacs was regarded as the great hope of neo-Kantian philosophy.
His conversion to Marxism resulted in the writing of "Geschichte and Klassenbewussein, published in 1923,
immediately attacked by the Comintern's chairman, the vainglorious Grigory Zinoviev and anathematised for
decades. It is arguably, one of the most significantly influential works in the field of decades.

hope

Re: Gyorgy Lukacs

Post by hope » 30 Jun 2019 20:22

image.jpeg

BeN1

Re: Gyorgy Lukacs

Post by BeN1 » 01 Jul 2019 18:14

hey,

am I the only one, who recognizes a certain asemblence 2 George Lucas...? :lol: :lol:

greetings
BeN1
world konichi war