Poking holes in paper

Click 'The Oracle' title above to enter The Oracle Forum and discuss your quest for answers with kindred spirits. Courtesy costs nothing - if you disagree with someone, disagree politely. Abuse is not tolerated.
IoBoI

Poking holes in paper

Post by IoBoI » 09 May 2020 10:26

I’ve been running little games/tests on some people around me, tearing down and destabilizing whatever toxic and inhibiting beliefs might be holding some of my peers back. It’s interesting how some scuttle back under a rock after the light burns their skin, it’s got me thinking a lot.
The general consensus on this forum is that, the masses around us obviously aren’t likeminded like us and most of the time will outright refuse to see something from a different angle or bother to put the energy in to benefit themselves, generally they prefer to be spoon fed by social media.
Seeing this and this same behavior being played out my entire life really always made me think, why do there seem to be almost two types of people? Why do I think about bettering my mind while my classmate only cares about which broad he’s gonna catch the next hip and trendy STI from? Why do I enjoy reading and not watching snapchat news?
So seeing this a naive little boy cut myself off from most ppl I refused to associate with those who couldn’t think, this train of thought I found to be equally detrimental to my development as sucking the teat of social media my whole life. As a result I started hanging out with let’s just say simple folk at parties and such and I found myself quite amused with the sheer magnitude of ape like behavior.
So my conclusion is, just bc we like to learn, and like to be different and not subscribe to every goddamn trend to walk through the doors like a submissive little bandwagon ape, we shouldn’t deprive ourselves of plain good old fashion ignorant fun. It’s actually quite interesting being a little bit less oblivious in a public setting where everyone around you is, it’s like chilling on a raft while everyone else swims with weights. I also learn I get satisfaction out of simplifying concepts and morals that one may find difficult or boring to process reading the Bible. I also used to feel like “oh the world is so shitty bc people aren’t receiving teachings and a less linear education and thus social norms are acting like chains”. “Evil” intent and desire will always exist in men, but falls out of style as it it’s really not productive and doesn’t get you anywhere. I’m decently charismatic I could spend my life getting with bitches who I don’t care about all the live long day but it won’t truly make me happy as one girl I could really open up to. Natural selection exists for people with selfish and bad intentions and god hasn’t stopped playing with Earth. I’m sure the satisfaction I get out of helping someone see past primitive dogmas to live more free isn’t just my own but I like to think I’m making someone up there proud;)
Dionysus, Eros, Aether, Thanatos, Helios.
Let Christ, The Light, Lead Us Right.

Nimh

Re: Poking holes in paper

Post by Nimh » 09 May 2020 15:00

Keep on keeping on...I know EXACTLY how you feel.
Bravo.
Dont think you are know you are

IoBoI

Re: Poking holes in paper

Post by IoBoI » 11 May 2020 03:30

Thank you! I need to be a little less lengthy
Dionysus, Eros, Aether, Thanatos, Helios.
Let Christ, The Light, Lead Us Right.