Grains of sand

Click 'The Oracle' title above to enter The Oracle Forum and discuss your quest for answers with kindred spirits. Courtesy costs nothing - if you disagree with someone, disagree politely. Abuse is not tolerated.
Mahavakyamurti

Re: A grain of sand

Post by Mahavakyamurti » 01 Jul 2020 11:33

As promised at the end of my latest rambling:

8. Fundaments

No fundamental truths can be uttered
that stand for themselves without relating to each other.
No tangible thing on its own can be the foundation of reality.
One truth can never be separate from another,
and reality is a sparkling weave, woven in one piece.

In this life: No obligations, only consequenses.
In this life: No guarantees, but endless possibilities.
SoHam
SoHam
Shivoham!
SoHam

IoBoI

Re: Grains of sand

Post by IoBoI » 02 Jul 2020 03:17

Words are really inefficient for these kinda things? Emotions seem more effective.
Yes when I first came here I wanted answers, I want to be a private investigator so I decided to sleuth hard, upon reading ecstasy consumed me, the world was more detailed, and when my mom woke up I was excited to go out and do something together and enjoy each other instead of being an angsty teen all the time.
It’s so corny almost but that’s not to say this didnt change me, but it’s almost just how every movie and book describes it but they never do it justice with words.
Crazy how instead of talking to another person ppl are just quick to label you a heretic instead of actually bouncing ideas off each other. Imagine how much of the nature of god one could have unfolding and gifted to humanity if we weren’t so cemented in toxic standards.
The Gnostics were the first heretics by Catholicism, then in apocryphal texts gnostic vocabulary is used to describe creation.
People spend all this time fighting over “their” answer when it’s just one way of stepping into gods machination. $10 says Buddha and Christ are chilling in heaven having tea.
Dionysus, Eros, Aether, Thanatos, Helios.
Let Christ, The Light, Lead Us Right.

Mahavakyamurti

Post by Mahavakyamurti » 02 Jul 2020 07:49

I was,an angsty teen too, then I became an angsty young adult. Life was really hard during my first 30 years, but well worth it.

If life is likened to a school, then words, feelings, thoughts and emotions act as the textbooks used for the most basic courses. Our experiences are the teachers, putting what we have learned to the test, to see wether our knowledge can be applied and useful outside our own minds.

We all carry omnipotence within ourselves, just as a complete dictionary would contain every word of a language. But trying to grasp anything completely with our limited minds is like trying to read every page of that dictionary simultaneously, without ripping out any of the pages.

That is why the labeling and the toxic standards you describe are just that: toxic, a poison to any true understanding which requires us to use the antidote of humility.
Any judging that we do, no matter how accurate, is by its very nature flawed. Anyone not living as a hermit will be required to make judgements every day, that is the way of this world, but that should be considered a sad necessity rather than an opportunity to claim superiority over others.

"I could be wrong. I could be wrong. This is the powerful magic mantra. I could be wrong".
- Natthiko Bhikkhu

Matt 7:1-2
SoHam
SoHam
Shivoham!
SoHam

IoBoI

Post by IoBoI » 03 Jul 2020 02:40

Fair point. Maybe being put through linear indoctrinations is in itself a lesson, it’s hard to appreciate something without suffering to compliment it.
Dionysus, Eros, Aether, Thanatos, Helios.
Let Christ, The Light, Lead Us Right.

Mahavakyamurti

Post by Mahavakyamurti » 03 Jul 2020 16:00

Absolutely! Anything we experience can under the right circumstances serve as a lesson (as long as that lesson still needs to be learned) or at least as a reminder to keep previously gained knowledge active. Thanks also for creating such a good passage to the next poem!

(Note to reader: This particular translation only covers the revised version of Sandkorn #9. The original version of #9 as it were in the first printed edition is yet to be translated and included as an appendix).

9. Death

Through the narrow eye
of the sharp needle,
commonly referred to as "death"
nothing labelled as "yours"
can ever pass through.

What you truly are
lives on forever, affected by neither life nor death.
But anything that you might think of as "you",
will ultimately meet the very condition of life: death.

You will not be able to keep any possessions, including
your body, your mind and your current sense of presence;
they will all be put to the test
that only what's eternal and changeless may pass.

By realizing this, death becomes the headmaster
who supervises the teachers of life; our experiences.
Death is not the end of your existence,
however: By acknowledging death as certain,
life will serve its purpose.

Anyone who recognizes death
respectfully
gains reverence from life itself.
SoHam
SoHam
Shivoham!
SoHam

Mahavakyamurti