Breaking through the veil

Click 'The Oracle' title above to enter The Oracle Forum and discuss your quest for answers with kindred spirits. Courtesy costs nothing - if you disagree with someone, disagree politely. Abuse is not tolerated.
llevella

Breaking through the veil

Post by llevella » 25 Apr 2017 03:53

Greetings, brothers and sisters,
I am seeking answers on behalf of a person who is close to me but who has no means of communicating this here.

How would any of you explain the state where, without any use of stimulants, our sense of perception is heightened, and we are able to see the objects around us in an odd fashion? Each plant, and each rock would seem like as if they are bringing some message. The creativity reaches the higher state where the strokes of the brush seem to be not a work of our own mind but something that seems to be dictated by the higher entity. There is a presence within dreams that seems to tranfer knowledge.
The work dictated by the entity had a deep meaning and gained a vast amount of following after being produced.

The feeling was there for some weeks and it was gone.
Is it possible that this is how the veil of Tiferet is breached and the consciousness of one's immortal soul is reached? If not, then what could it be and is there a way to force it to come back?

I am sorry if you don't have the answer to this question. And I thank you for the time you took for reading this.

Redbeck
Location: The Rookery, 3rd Horse Chestnut along, St Johns, Britain. Teacher leave our nuts alone!

Re: Breaking through the veil

Post by Redbeck » 25 Apr 2017 15:20

Firstly welcome to the Oracle Forum llevella, and thank you for such a fascinating question scenario as well.

While I am absolutely not an expert in Kabbalah studies, like most enquiring minds I have delved; a process we heartily encourage within this site as a way forward to greater self-illumination that hopefully extrapolates into a goodness of universal mind in terms of our compassion at collective thought level as human beings. And while I guess it is only observation in practise as a follower of the faith rather than written word that dictates received bodily sensation, the little knowledge I have gleaned at least enables me to ask some relevant questions.

I am also in a position to compare experiential notes from both a physical and metaphysical standpoint, if that too assists your quest for relevant understanding and knowledge.

Kabbalah References

As I understand it Tiferet is one’s true or higher self (essence). It is the Hod-Nezah ‘barrier’ which is a type of veil of consciousness that separates a person’s true identity at Tiferet, and the unconscious parts of the psyche that keep Tiferet informed from the lower egoic or vegetable level of existence. The lower or vegetable level, in Sigmund Freud hierarchical speak can be construed as the id, in his ego and the super-ego theory.

The id is made up of all the primal urges and desires and is the only part of personality present at birth. In Freud’s world It is the ego that stands as the component of personality that mediates between the demands of reality, the urges of the id and the idealistic, but often unrealistic, standards of the super-ego.

In addition the soul is centred around the Tiferet, and in Kabbalistic terms it also has access to wisdom and understanding (Hokhmah and Binah respectively) and their influence in strengthening ones spirit. Which could make this an intensely spiritual moment.

The Experience Practicalities

Well most stimuli in the experience appear to be entering the body physical via the lower egoic/vegetable layer (Freud’s Id) but maybe with a hints of Freud’s super-ego development conduit at work, that is I hasten to add my interpretation.

Parallel experiences

Certainly your drug free heightened perception experience has occurred in my own orbit, but as a result of ‘cold turkey’ withdrawal from addiction or when suffering from an illness involving a fever, certainly a rise in body temperature is common to either situation. Objects around you crackle with energy and pump as if they are passing some invaluable data to you. Now the ‘higher power’ aspect is certainly crucial to all recovering addicts and those recovering from a serious illness, you cling on to that as a rock of faith cementing the belief in your higher power as you are safely delivered to the opposite shore from your stormy sea of mountainous waves.

I also learned Transcendental Meditation (According to the teachings of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi) which has proved helpful in a heightened state of conscious and ‘sharpening’ objects around as well as in making life changing decisions. Perhaps meditation could make this state return; I assume llevella this experience did not involve meditation in the build up?

In terms of a higher conscious having a hand in your subsequent writings I experience that frequently, but perhaps in another life I was a writer rubbing manuscripts with much better writers than I at the time and the rune-cast reincarnated me as a writer with a mission.

I certainly feel that Christopher Marlowe is out there somewhere in the firmament as my spirit guide. Although I must admit while a great writer, the fact that Marlowe ended up as a part-time spy murdered with a dagger through the right eye having killed a man in a sword fight in 1596, as well as having been previously been accused of forgery, blasphemy and having unorthodox religious views, is not always an uplifting curriculum vitae. Maybe I am his one big chance, to be totally exonerated not to come to a sticky end. Is there such a figure standing in the background in your case I wonder llevella?

Final question, has there been an upsurge in dreams, visions or illusions in the aftermath llevella? In my case, dreaming was always prolific after these experiences and incidents, both deeply dark and incredibly creative to the point of being beside-notepad-worthy. As you might expect dreams on the coat tails of cold turkey were infinitely more hallucinatory, but certainly constant dreaming in the wake of physical mishaps or illness.

Maybe you are already on a new level of consciousness and your Tiferet spirituality adjusted, hence the event does not recur in exactly the same form and there will be a new luminescence to come. I wish you well on your path to further enlightenment and I feel sure you will glean much valuable knowledge if you explore the site.

'Tiferet' by Savina Ratsnatovic Belgrade, Serbia [ink 2016]

llevella

Post by llevella » 26 Apr 2017 23:42

I would like to thank you for such a profound and informative answer, Redbeck.

In terms of Kabbalah references I would assume that you could find it misleading, since I was not quite sure of this feeling being related to it. But from my studies I came to some sort of conclusion that the feeling that one gets once they establish the communication with Tiferet is the ability to perceive their "true self" and therefore receive the messages from it which could seem to many as a communication with a higher being, when in fact, they are just taking control over their consciousness.

I really like the way you relate it to Freud's ideas of ego and id, I am in fact reading the book right now, in search for answers. While many things relate quite well to the experience, I am finding that science might not be able to explain this completely and it is not possible to formulate the idea without delving into the mysticism, until, at least, a field of quantum physics starts exploring the human psyche.

Commenting on the "Parallel experiences" part of the post

As a person fascinated with the occult, I really like the idea of it being a higher being, like the great architect of freemasonry, the Enochian angels of Edward Kelley, the mythical creatures of H. P. Lovecraft or the Secret Chiefs of the Golden Dawn. And as a logical human I think that the great architect is ourselves, or our consciousness, that is hidden under the blocks that the subconsciousness is establishing.

When you mentioned the high body temperature, she is now recalling not feeling cold when the temperature in the house was extremely low.

Answering your question about meditation - no. Not a single meditation, mythical ritual or even a prayer. Myself, I find meditation to be an effective tool for self-improvement and I will note the name you had given and hopefully it will help me with my research.

Answering the question about the figure standing in the background, I would say there was no way of giving any sort of characterization to it, it was a subtle guiding hand. The person, in fact, admits that in front of all the power, knowledge and the change in perception, the idea of a figure was completely unimportant, even though it lead to producing the amazing artwork.

And in terms of dreams, nothing seemed to be unusual after the experience was gone.

Further notices

I would like to go back to Kabbalah now, if you are not tired of reading this, and go a little bit further with my own interpretation of the feeling in question and I am wondering what you might think of it.

As I already talked about Tiferet as a place where one's immortal soul exists, therefore breaching the veil and reaching the sphere allows one to contact this entity. As the adepts of certain orders say (uh... well.. the Golden Dawn, Alistair Crowley and Israel Regardie) that once someone reaches it and contacts the immortal soul, he gains an access to the entirety of cosmic knowledge, the universal consciousness, and therefore his skills and knowledge here on earth looses all importance. And the person who experiences the feeling that I am talking about had described it as something that forced the knowledge and skill to be ignored and focused on producing the work (in this case the painting) where each brush stroke would convey such absolute confidence and the sense of rightness which was never experienced before by this person during the painting. Therefore the sense of it being dictated by the entity that possesses the universal knowledge.

Another thing that was felt during the experience is the feeling of some part of self disappearing. When we receive the knew knowledge, it feels like we are just enhancing our current selves, we don't change, we just grow new parts. In this case however it was felt like as if the consciousness is running forward so fast that it is leaving behind the old parts of self.

I could also interpret the experience as a powerful self-hypnosis, as, what I haven't mentioned before, the person recalls a big fear, the fear of not having enough time to accomplish the work (the paintings), it made me think of the concept of the Great Work, union of self and the all.

I thank you again for your interesting answer. I am indeed finding this site most helpful and full of thought.
I also apologize for my incoherent speech, my native language is far different from English.

ANONYMOUS1999

Post by ANONYMOUS1999 » 27 Apr 2017 14:59

"As I already talked about Tiferet as a place where one's immortal soul exists, therefore breaching the veil and reaching the sphere allows one to contact this entity. As the adepts of certain orders say (uh... well.. the Golden Dawn, Alistair Crowley and Israel Regardie) that once someone reaches it and contacts the immortal soul, he gains an access to the entirety of cosmic knowledge, the universal consciousness, and therefore his skills and knowledge here on earth looses all importance. And the person who experiences the feeling that I am talking about had described it as something that forced the knowledge and skill to be ignored and focused on producing the work (in this case the painting) where each brush stroke would convey such absolute confidence and the sense of rightness which was never experienced before by this person during the painting. Therefore the sense of it being dictated by the entity that possesses the universal knowledge. "

Can definately confirm this. The cross of the QRST is where DAATH is just below the trinity. A and E are interchangeable letters so DEATH and DAATH are one and the same. Destruction is creation and everything happens in symbiosis in my book. I like to think of DAATH as I AM. It is noteworthy that jewish kabbalah states there are 10 spheres not 11. So when QRST is hanging on the cross the ONE, KETHER comes down to where DAATH is and fills the emptyness. If one goes further down that line of thought one may draw the conclusion that 9/11 was an attempt to stall the spiritual growth of humanity by calling 9 a 11. Meaning to disclose sacred/secret knowledge but without the divine power of KETHER thus creating a neverending rabbithole where the thirst is never stilled. When that I AM energy flows through i had a very similiar feeling as the feeling you described. Everything you do during that state is ON POINT. ONE POINT? G SPOT? Like i wrote before, the only problem is your hands won't be fast enough to grasp just 1% of that feeling or knowledge. Read my contribution if you like, there are very similiar themes involved. But words really lose their meaning "there" it is beyond words.

A dinner for one it is i guess. Since i don't have better words i'll go with Rumi's approach once more.

“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
and rightdoing there is a field.
I'll meet you there.

When the soul lies down in that grass
the world is too full to talk about.”
Jalaluddin Rumi

After the abyss there is only pure bliss.

Redbeck
Location: The Rookery, 3rd Horse Chestnut along, St Johns, Britain. Teacher leave our nuts alone!

Post by Redbeck » 28 Apr 2017 21:12

My dear llevella excellent response and I assure you that I will respond to that latest unfolding soon, also thanks to ANONYMOUS1999 for a series of both intriguing and canny observations, both posts warrant a more expansively thought out reply.

However, llevella I wondered whether you have any images that you feel might illustrate your friends experience fof what we could term the spiritual conduit.

The founder of 973-eht-namuh-973 the site, Dave Denison and indeed the main force behind the gathering of the site's knowledge content, as well as the creator of a great number of the inherent images, felt that the link provided below might provide some enlightening imagery along the theme, 'BEYOND THE VEIL ANOTHER VEIL ANOTHER VEIL BEYOND'.

http://www.973-eht-namuh-973.com/Alchem ... ZARUS.html

hope

Post by hope » 30 Apr 2017 13:40

WHEN I CONSIDER HOW MY LIGHT IS SPENT

image.jpeg

THEY ALSO SERVE WHO ONLY STAND AND WAIT

Wikipedia-When i consider how my light is spent; Poem by John Milton
http://www.973-eht-namuh-973.com/Alchem ... ZARUS.html
Last edited by hope on 15 Feb 2018 17:11, edited 2 times in total.

Redbeck

Post by Redbeck » 02 May 2017 20:29

Dear llevella, further to your section entitled Further Notices contained in your post of 26th April, firstly thank you for such an erudite piece, you English is simply excellent. Anyway, moving further along:

Are you implying that by passing through the veil to reach immortal soul and tapping into the entirety of cosmic knowledge that the existing motor skills, optical colour determination ability of the physical painter had had been superseded by a higher power. I am not contesting the experience just trying to understand the sensory aspect. I understand the confidence the artist gains from not apparently having put a foot wrong in the production of a piece of work. As in, was the brushwork more free flowing and accurate than usual, the colour choice more vibrant, the composition above criticism to the third eye of an observer or was the feeling of perfection peculiar thus residing within the artist themselves?

I have been involved in many art forms over the years from painting and drawing (fine art to cartoons), through musical composition and writing and the one factor that has been seen as a major contribution to exciting an exciting endpoint is the genuine mistake that is absorbed into the completed work. I am assuming it is the higher power that would make the mistake.

The point is that even I when feel that I am being driven by a great author in the background (hopefully one whom I admire but that has to be doesn’t it once the connection is made?), I can still make errors. Which I feel is important from the point of view of the self awakening and improvement process because the learning is important and that process should never stop.

The subtle body (subtile body from 1640 to 1650) which certainly features in Aleister Crowley and Israel Regardie’s doctrines, and is the vehicle of consciousness with which one passes from life to life, for example my strong creative connection with past writers such as Christopher Marlowe, thus the soul takes on different views.

Referring to Crowley's Magick Without Tears (Ch. 81):

One passes through the veil of the exterior world (which, as in Yoga, but in another sense, becomes "unreal" by comparison as one passes beyond) one creates a subtle body (instrument is a better term) called the body of Light; this one develops and controls; it gains new powers as one progresses, usually by means of what is called "initiation:" finally, one carries on almost one's whole life in this Body of Light, and achieves in its own way the mastery of the Universe.

An interesting aside but also important to understanding are the spiritual teachings of Meher Baba, in that we can then see the link between this and Western esoteriscim.

For example H. P. Blavatsky's Theosophical teaching represented the convergence of 19th century Western occultism, Eastern philosophy, religion, science, and mysticism. She refers to three subtle bodies:
• Linga Sharira - the Double or Astral body (invisible double of the human body)
• Mayavi-rupa - the ‘Illusion-body.’ (the vehicle both of thought and of the animal passions and desires)
• Causal Body - the vehicle of the higher Mind. (containing the spiritual elements gathered during life, merges after death entirely into the causal body)

Meher Babs stated that the subtle body ‘is the vehicle of desires and vital forces,’ He believed that the subtle body is one of three bodies with which the soul must cease to identify in order to realise God: ‘At the end of the Path, however, the soul frees itself from all sanskaras and desires connected with the gross, subtle and mental worlds; and it becomes possible for it to free itself from the illusion of being finite, which came into existence owing to its identification with the gross, subtle and mental bodies. At this stage the soul completely transcends the phenomenal world and becomes self-conscious and self-realised.’

Therefore, undoubtedly there is a vehicle that transmits the artistic message subtle body soul, but there appear to be a number of attitudes as to how draw aside the veil. Still working on it llevella but thought I ‘d reply with my thoughts to date.

Yours Redbeck

packajos000

Post by packajos000 » 21 May 2017 00:16

Thought.png
Last edited by packajos000 on 04 Sep 2017 20:04, edited 1 time in total.

llevella

Post by llevella » 03 Jul 2017 20:36

Dear Redbeck, hope, packajos000 and ANONYMOUS1999
Thank you very much for engaging into this discussion with me.
First of all, I would like to apologize for my absence, I've been and I still am travelling which doesn't allow me to spend a lot of time online.

To ANONYMOUS1999:
Thank you for the interesting observation. Daath had always been a mystery to me really, your approach is quite interesting.
I will say it again, during the state/experience there were changes in how the world has been perceived by a person. The biggest change was noticeable out in the nature and not as much in the city. Also, the personality had changed a lot. The priorities in life had been put differently. I could compare it to what is called "spiritual awakening", but by using this argument I am relying solely on theory, because on practice I am still far from achieving this state.
Do my descriptions really seem like it's something that you had experienced? Did you perceive the world differently while in that state?

To Redbeck:
Thank you for the link that you provided, I've sent it to the artist who I've been talking about. I've read it myself but I still have a long way to my "initiation".
You keep saying that there is a great author that you are feeling connection to. Truth is, that when I was writing my previous post, I had less knowledge of the subject, in fact now I have a theory that I find interesting. It is but a theory though, so feel free to disagree with it. In fact, the person whose experience I've been referring to discarded it, but I still think it could be an interesting start:

According to proto genetics, if we every day put the rat in a maze with a piece of cheese at the other end so it learns to find the cheese quickly, and then we take the offspring of this rat they will be learning to find the cheese quicker than other rats. So according to proto genetics, the knowledge is stored in the generic code of an individual. The foals are born and start skipping around immediately, the monarch butterflies know the migration route without learning it from anyone, there are many of such examples in the animal world. According to Darwin all life on earth had evolved through the mutation and evolution of species. So did human. Which means that all the knowledge, from when our ancestors used to inhabit the sea, forests, etc, is still in our genetic code and can be accessed under certain circumstances.
The human psyche can be divided in at least 2 parts. 1 - the inner self possessing the universal knowledge, the knowledge of the world of our ancestors. 2- the shell that encompasses 1, the software that makes humans function as species. 2 is a block that protects us but also limits us. The truth is that human brain being so powerful might not need such a block. A chicken, for example, could be in trouble if it "remembered" that it could fly.
By blocking 2 a human can access 1 - knowledge of the world. 2 is blocked by overloading it - therefore the state is achieved through an extreme change of routine (like a comedown from drugs) or other things that make it confused. 1 is the most visible when out in the nature - because the most of the knowledge that had been stored in our code so far is that of nature.
This also reminds me of the traditional Norse practices from the iron age age. Young boys would be brought to the burial mound of their ancestors and they would touch the objects that their ancestors were buried with. And some of the boys would remember their previous lives.

The person who had the experience of "breaking through the veil" disagreed with me when I told this theory. According to this person, it's much more then just genetics and there are invisible threads that connect everyone therefore allowing to access this universal knowledge.
I hope I've been clear enough, I am writing in the least comfortable conditions, I would wait till I end my travels, but I was afraid that I would lose the idea.

I've never heard about the subtle body before, thank you for the explanation. I will read more about it.
The question is: are we spiritual beings having a human experience?
I am still to read " Magick without Tears", I am hoping that it will bring me closer to the answer.

And finally, to illustrate the experience of the artist, I will add some illustrations. I would like to know if it gives you interesting thoughts.

ANONYMOUS1999

Post by ANONYMOUS1999 » 04 Jul 2017 00:18

Hi llevella, i hope you're enjoying your travel and gather lots of experiance.

Since Daath was always very interesting to me it's my pleasure to write a little bit more of my angle on it and also my perception of my experiance with it changed over time so i guess it's kind of self-therapeutical to write about it in detail.

What is Daath? Daath is Know "L" Edge.

Let's say we have Binah as the left brain, and Chockmah as the right brain. Daath is the brain at the back of the head, combining both. Sometimes reffered to as the "Reptilian Brain". Other scholars say Daath is a heart that understands symbolism. My angle is it's actually both. Daath is not in everybody sometimes it's there and sometimes it's not. Now, what i ask myself is, is Daath there from birth or is it something that is developed in life ?
Daath is thirst.

Daath is the Sephirot of the ABYSS and you know what they say? Stare into the abyss and the abyss stares back in you. A narrow path is what describes daath for me, a leap of faith. Some scholars say Daath is the key to love, but where there is a lot of light there is also a lot of shadow. Daath is where abstract knowledge becomes practical, physical. It seperates the "heavens" and the "earths". Not only to know, but to do!

I can definately agree with you that Daath is completely life changing in all matters. It is a gnostic Sephirot to me. Not to believe in god but well let's say to have a glimpse at something beyond what we agree on as "reality".

If i had to describe my personal experiance with it:

First thing i felt was a rush of blood through the back of my head. Followed by unkown euphoria and ecstasy that was interrupted by explosive weeping and crying. Feeling at one or being "all over the place" like Sadhguru said, feeling everyone as an aspect of yourself. Feeling their joy and pain even the earth's pain and joy.

That state lasted for about one week until it peaked and reversed into "a little bit of a downfall".

As far as the perception goes i can definately say it leaves an unforgetable impression. I've seen my room melt right before my eyes while being completely 100% sober, maybe like Mushrooms or Salvia Divinorum. I've heard Rabbis say that "DAATH" can never be achieved alone. Either you need a "Rabbi" a "Guru" or "AVA/EVE".

I can relate to the artworks you posted. Exploding brain or head is what i see and it comes close enough.

https://ibb.co/ckA0ua

I painted Daath before experiancing it. As you can see i painted it as a hole, in hindsight i know why.
Knowledge is WORTHLESS without the correlating FEELING and ACTION.

A neverending RABBITHOLE if you will.

DAATH VADER heh ?
At the end of the day, there is no knowledge.

Just a transformation and FEELING/ACTION. If there's one advice i can give you it's 420 blaze it on the Tree of Life.

Loving kindness is the beginning and the end of the TORA.

I hope this helps and is a fitting 42th post here. ;)
Last edited by ANONYMOUS1999 on 05 Jul 2017 23:38, edited 1 time in total.

llevella

Post by llevella » 04 Jul 2017 16:48

I would like to add that the feeling when one has the experience is unmistakeable and is present in absolute contrast to the "normal" way of being. It is impossible not to notice the state. And the "knowledge" or ar least some essence is transmitted from people, objects, plants, things. Observing a simple chair in such a state could bring more insight than talking to an individual.

ANONYMOUS1999

Post by ANONYMOUS1999 » 06 Jul 2017 00:03

I agree and i must add that this experiance to me is still barely the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0_-an5hio8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfxpfEYUv9g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7YFWEJyJhg

Daath=/=Enlightenment. Barely jumping on a Trampoline. Now build a ladder and cross the wall... 3rd video is gold.

llevella

Post by llevella » 13 Feb 2018 11:58

I would like to thank everyone who helped me with finding an answer. I am much closer to it now and ultimately my thirst for knowing the answer was partially satisfied by reading Hatha Yoga Pradipika.

Selene

Post by Selene » 13 Feb 2018 18:11

In my journey of self reflection after reading yours:

Ripping the veil is an allegory of reaching a higher consciousness without the need of a mediator. As the story of Jesus and others;I.e. Buddha, Krishna, Horus, Enki we can achieve a oneness with God. Not the God of the Bible, Quran, Torah or any holy book. But God within. The ability to look within ourselves to find our personal purpose. Reason for Being.

llevella

Post by llevella » 14 Feb 2018 18:12

Dear Selene,
You are absolutely correct in your interpretation. I would like to add, that there is more to it than just finding a reason for being. It is the path to discovering your own divine self and the ability to interact with it and to connect to the threads that are uniting every being in the Universe. It is opening your eyes for the first time to the cosmos and getting access to all knowledge in the universe. And the experience is so physical, real, obvious and unmistakable that it will certainly result in some change, like for example finding a new reason for being.
I wish you the best on your journey.

Alex Grey, "Oversoul"