Page 1 of 1

Synchronicities

Posted: 14 Mar 2019 03:25
by Svalbard
Greetings,

I experience synchronicities semi-frequently, and I would like to share with you an instance of one, which occurred to me recently and seemed particularly significant.

For those who don't know, a synchronicity is defined as:
The simultaneous occurrence of events which appear significantly related but have no discernible causal connection.
Carl Jung (who possibly coined the term) referred to synchronicities as "meaningful coincidences."

I have experienced my most recent such coincidence over the span of two days (I have noticed that they generally tend to occur over a period of a few days). It began on March 11 with me researching angel numbers, which are sequences of numbers believed to carry numerological or otherwise spiritual meaning. Reading about other people's experiences with these special numbers made me question why I personally have never had any run-ins with them. Soon afterward, I put the thought to rest and went to sleep.

The next day (March 12), I was in a rush to get to work as I had been late the previous day, and my employer had pointed it out to me. I did not want to leave another bad impression on him. Unfortunately, however, I got into an argument with my father as I was getting ready. The specifics don't matter, but what may be relevant is that I have been on poor terms with my family as of late. This was largely my fault; I haven't been lending the people close to me the attention that they deserve. In any case, despite just having the argument, my father asked me to give him a ride to a car repair shop on my way to work. Since I was in a major hurry, I was tempted to decline, but understanding that this would only make our relations worse, I reluctantly agreed.

Driving my father to the repair shop on my way to work required taking a short detour. Soon after I took the turn onto the road of my dad's destination, I passed by a building, which immediately caught my eye. It had the number sequence "444" written on the wall facing the road. While this was most likely just the street address of the building, what made the number stand out was that it was spray-painted, rather than depicted in stencils (or however most houses display their number), and it was absolutely massive. Each digit was at least a meter in size (despite the building being a regular two-story in suburbia). Seeing it was nearly unavoidable.

Again, I will point out that this happened just a day after researching angel numbers, and that before this day, I have not seen any (as far as I recall).

Reading about the significance of "444," I have learned that it's believed to mean - among other things - awakening, validation, confirmation, harmony, and intuition. Well, if I had to interpret the number for myself using my intuition, I would guess that it's possibly confirming that I have done the right choice by helping my father, despite it being inconvenient for me.

I'm curious to hear others' thoughts on this, and whether anyone here has experienced similar synchronicities.

Best Regards.

Re: Synchronicities

Posted: 14 Mar 2019 20:41
by Redbeck
Dear Svalbard, Synchronicity certainly touches many of us, it is indeed embedded in the site as an essential element of change. Here are some pathways into the depths of this very relevant topic offered by David Denison.

http://www.973-eht-namuh-973.com/Alchem ... 202084.htm



SYNCHRONICITY 182 SYNCHRONICITY

SYNCHRONICITY 83 SYNCHRONICITY

SYNCHRONICITY 2 SYNCHRONICITY



Image


Image


Image


Image

Re: Synchronicities

Posted: 14 Mar 2019 20:52
by Redbeck
CONTINUATION

Dear Svalbard, Synchronicity certainly touches many of us, it is indeed embedded in the site as an essential element of change. Here are some pathways into the depths of this very relevant topic offered by David Denison.

http://www.973-eht-namuh-973.com/Alchem ... 202084.htm


Image


Image

Re: Synchronicities

Posted: 14 Mar 2019 21:56
by Sh3rl0ck
Ah, yes, exactly the subject I was looking for!

I really appreciate this interesting topic Svalbard!
it is a subject which I myself took an interest in and the outcomes were usually baffled and perplexed. However I would also like to hear everyones opinions on this matter, for it is very controversial indeed.

is this coincidental? or not?

I would like to hear others opinions.
And let me not forget redbeck of course as well. Thank you for the provided link and message from our site creator David Denison.

Best regards,

Sh3rl0ck

Re: Synchronicities

Posted: 14 Mar 2019 22:09
by Sh3rl0ck
Ah yes, I forgot to mention a few other things as well!

Most people will think seeing numbers is coincidental. HOWEVER, there have been many times of me seeing a particular number which keeps appearing, but I have never thought much of it. Although one evening, my depression was really acting up, and I felt pretty hopeless. But right at that moment I looked up at the time which read 5:55 and I looked it up on what it meant. I read what it said and I realized that it matched up completely with what I was experiencing and it was strange.
I don't want to immediately say that it was some sort of supernatural miracle occurrence, but I must say that was very strange indeed, especially when I started receiving more of these signs later on in my life as well.

Not sure what this could be exactly. But I will say I do not think these are simple coincidences.

Best regards,

Sh3rl0ck

Re: Synchronicities

Posted: 17 Mar 2019 20:50
by Svalbard
Sh3rl0ck wrote: 14 Mar 2019 21:56 is this coincidental? or not?
I'm at a loss about how to answer this question, because despite it appearing simple on the surface, it raises a much deeper subject when examined more closely. It leads me to ask: what even is a coincidence?

According to the definition of the word, a coincidence is "a remarkable concurrence of events or circumstances without apparent causal connection" (first result from Google).

While the precise casual connection may be unknown, the given events are nonetheless connected; it's just that they're connected through meaning rather than an understood cause-effect relationship.

Here are two conclusions I've brainstormed based on the above. I do not know which one I agree with (though I consider conclusion #2 more appealing). These are probably not the only conclusions that one could come to.

1. Occurrences, which we'd call coincidences do have causes, but we are simply unaware of them. This leads us to seeing them "superstitiously" as opposed to events, whose cause-effect relationships we do understand.

2. It is necessary to go beyond casuality. While we commonly believe that in order for thing A to occur, it must have a preceding thing B causing it in the traditional sense of the word, it is also possible for thing A to occur when it is sufficiently related to thing B in terms of meaning. Suppose that there exists a great musical Composer who conducts a Cosmic Orchestra, which plays the "Music" of the Universe. If He recognizes that a particular Note would sound more beautiful if it were coupled with another particular Note, He may choose to play them simultaneously. These two harmonized Notes would then be experienced by us as a coincidence.

Best Regards.

Re: Synchronicities

Posted: 17 Mar 2019 20:54
by Svalbard
Redbeck wrote: 14 Mar 2019 20:41 Dear Svalbard, Synchronicity certainly touches many of us, it is indeed embedded in the site as an essential element of change. Here are some pathways into the depths of this very relevant topic offered by David Denison.
Thank you, Redbeck, for your response.

It is said that a good teacher shows you where to look, but not what to see. Admittedly, I still understand very little, but I am determined to keep looking. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Re: Synchronicities

Posted: 18 Mar 2019 17:58
by Sh3rl0ck
Svalbard,

Yes that is a very controversial topic. And I really like the cause and effect mention as well. They say there is a law of attraction, but I believe there could be a law in physics defining the relationship between coincidence and the cause and effect method.

That is a very compelling way to look at it, very interesting!

Best regards,

Sh3rl0ck

Re: Synchronicities

Posted: 25 Mar 2019 00:51
by Svalbard
I would like to record another instance of synchronicity that just occurred to me between yesterday and today.

Yesterday, I was driving a car with my friends as passengers. At one point, one of them suggested playing a song that he had been listening to as of late, and we did so. It was "Loose Change" by Royal Blood. I have never heard of the band before.

Fast-forward to today: I am watching an episode of Peaky Blinders. During a scene, the show begins playing "Out of the Black" by the same band - Royal Blood.


Best Regards,
Svalbard