Nimses

Click 'The Oracle' title above to enter The Oracle Forum and discuss your quest for answers with kindred spirits. Courtesy costs nothing - if you disagree with someone, disagree politely. Abuse is not tolerated.
Post Reply
User avatar
lstair
Posts: 40
Joined: 04 Oct 2018 00:06
Contact:

Nimses

Post by lstair »

<Nimses>

I’m curious in everyone’s opinions and thoughts on this new idea. The website and app is being popularized right now by social media users. Personally I do not like the idea at all.
Sh3rl0ck
Posts: 200
Joined: 29 Jan 2019 17:43
Location: Realm of the mind
Contact:

Re: Nimses

Post by Sh3rl0ck »

Seems very peculiar. I still don't quite understand the concept and goal of this "organization". But either way it seems a bit strange and out there to encourage the human power the wrong way. I think that's the main point right? If so, this is TOTALLY wrong, as nowadays people are so hungry for power and recognition.

So to answer your question, No I do not like this idea as well. Seems very wrong to me.

There used to be lies from the government, as we all know to be called propaganda. But I think the new propaganda is the lies of technology and internet that puts wrong ideas into the minds of citizens.
Then he said, "I lostmyhead" can you see it?
User avatar
BeN1
Posts: 675
Joined: 24 Oct 2016 17:14
Contact:

--------------------

Post by BeN1 »

--------------------
Last edited by BeN1 on 22 Jul 2023 09:54, edited 1 time in total.
HADOUKEN!! 🤲🔥
Redbeck
Site Admin
Posts: 2148
Joined: 19 Dec 2010 15:42
Location: The Rookery, 3rd Horse Chestnut along, St Johns, Britain. Teacher leave our nuts alone!
Contact:

Re: Nimses

Post by Redbeck »

Dear Istair,

It’s an interesting idea, I can’t decide whether it’s a game or a real stab at an alternative society and socio-economic model. The reference and division of society up into geographic Temples is almost a biblical reversal i.e. the money lenders were rejected from the temples, this is now bringing them back. I see a lot of Russian names as senior figures involved with or leaders of temples in terms of ‘home page examples’.

“And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the money changers, and the seats of them that sold doves, And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.”
It is very detailed as it delivers the full manifesto it delivers on the website and obviously has a highly intelligent collective of individuals behind it, and I have to admit that the ideology is quite magnetic if like us you detest the capitalist architecture that underpins yet pollutes our lives.


I noticed that It is possible to download the software, which although I did not detect any reqquest at the initial stage, I do assume would involve registration, but superficially doesn’t appear to require any money changing hands. One thing that did bother me however, was the fact that once I was inside the APP reading through the detail my laptop processor light was flashing vigorously, the way it does when either an antivirus security scan or a Windows 10 Update download is underway.

Anyway what do you think Istair is more to the point?

Some of the underlying philosophy or rather more accurately put - ideology which is not always healthy, underpinning the manifesto suggests a good deeds shared cooperative following an alternative life style; from this you acquire deposits in a shared Temple bank for every minute lived as a contribution made toward life on earth, nice idea but suggestive of instant financial implications. However, further down the manifesto, very deeply embedded in the document, was the following section relating to registration and personal details harvesting that made the danger intuitive hairs on the back of my neck stand up straight! Now maybe I am completely wrong, or simply over sensitive to wording like this, but for some reason I have it in my head that the nature of this particular piece of manifesto text, perhaps hints at phishing or a zero day exploitation.

"3.3 REGISTRATION
Registering a new <Nimses ID> in Nimses requires a step-by-step identity verification of each unique person, each living member of the Anthroposphere. The general policy of Nimses encourages extensive mutual cross-identification by peers in order to exclude any duplication.

The goal of this thorough, multi-level registration process is to keep the social space a place of mutual trust, responsibility and security.

"Registration requires a mobile phone number and access to a geo-location. Also the system may ask for a passport name, an up-to-date portrait photo, an email address and access to phone contacts. For using <Nimex>, a further step might be required whereby the user takes a selfie with their bank card."

"Any <Human> has the option to hide their geo-position from other users by activating "invisible" mode."


Anyway the concept is brilliant and intensely communal if a bit cultish (as in it’s such a novel idea with biblical allusions it could actually be the foundation building blocks of a cult, for example it cites statuses: Citizen, Resident, Noble, Master, Angel). Therefore I would be very careful, I would hate to see somebody unsuspecting sucked into scientology type of cult, Moonie Unification church or Hare Krishna (The International Society for Krishna Consciousness). This is an IT based (the science) blend of alternative social order and financial systems that blend in turn with spirituality in terms of biblical allusions, but although well disguised immediately makes one suspicious.

“According to Scientology beliefs, Scientology itself is a blend of science and spirituality, with belief in an immortal spirit and in improving that spirit here on Earth using Scientology's methods.”

NOTE Dear Istair, following a further discussion between ourselves at site HQ, more a burrow than an HQ, as we are quite suspicious of the site, we have taken the action we normally take when we do not wish to be associated with or be seen to promote a site which has given us cause for concern [there are other negative views expressed on the internet], in this case Nimses. ACTION TAKEN: Namely to moderate the link out of your original post and replace it with name only. Redbeck
User avatar
lstair
Posts: 40
Joined: 04 Oct 2018 00:06
Contact:

Re: Nimses

Post by lstair »

I apologize Redbeck and to others, I should not have used a direct link to the site to begin with.

The app is trying to be a new socio economic model, they have recently advertised themselves with “pewdiepie”, a popular YouTube user/influencer who has 96 million followers as of right now. After I saw this man promote such an app to his audience, who are mostly teens and children, I was curious and I won’t lie, a bit appalled.
I shouldn’t have posted a link, and I believe it goes without saying but don’t sign up for the app or service if you enjoy your internet privacy.
Sh3rl0ck
Posts: 200
Joined: 29 Jan 2019 17:43
Location: Realm of the mind
Contact:

Re: Nimses

Post by Sh3rl0ck »

Alright, I will say after reading Redbeck's post and analyzing the site more, I see how crazy and cultish the site really is.

first off, you practically devote your soul to some digital world, where supposedly you become the virtual social media trend. Secondly, I dug deeper into the system itself, and I was actually able to hack into the systems origins and how it was developed. What I found was a bit frightening, as it will ask you for countless personal information, as well as getting access to your devices camera.

So quick note. Redbeck, I think that flashing was the sites access to your camera.

The site does have weird quotes, although I wouldn't even call it that, it's more of an oath. An initiation if you must. A pledge, like you are going to swear right hear right now before the devil. Here are a few of the quotes:

"I shall keep living every minute of my life in joy and sorrow, I will still feel love"

"I am respected, my Time is cut from the universal cloth of love"

"I was given other people around me to help me feel the love"

"I shall give others my time to share with them my sense of meaning"

"I am priceless, without me the universe lacks some sensible meaning"

Also to know that this app was the number 1 trending right now, is a bit startling. I am not sure how people can find this interesting. The app literally can have access to any information they want from you. Plus does anyone even know who is behind this proclaimed master of the site?

I'll see what else I can find, but this is very strange. And I'm really wondering how is the creator of the site.
Pewdiepie, the popular youtuber who started the trend, states that there is supposedly nothing wrong with the app/site. And that it is totally safe and good to use. Although he is sponsored by Nimses, so does he really mean it?
You can see him saying this in his most recent video I believe.
Then he said, "I lostmyhead" can you see it?
Nazheek
Posts: 424
Joined: 30 Nov 2015 18:26
Location: US Southeast
Contact:

Re: Nimses

Post by Nazheek »

Good intentions, terrible means. Classic example over here.

Am I the only one who sees a pattern in good intentions terrible means?
Feel free to send me a PM or an email. Expect faster responses by email.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests