Cetadisthana
Posted: 17 Jun 2019 07:54
It was a theory of mine that there was a certain permanence to dreams.
Ive always found it absurd that no one else seems to understand how dreams are so important to the human condition. Through the state of a dream, one can literally explore a universe of their mind.
I have named this inner universe CETADISTHANA.
In order to test my theory of a permanence in Cetadisthana I decided to record my own adventures, having now managed to master lucid dreaming. If my events make a lasting impression, and regions in this internal world stay identical to previous instances, it would be found to be correct. I have spent three days.
On my first day I arrived to lucidity at the front of a large book. Realizing it was in gobbledygook, it hit me that I am in a dream, and so my exploration began
As soon as the realization came, the environment had changed around me. I was in a maze of unusual rooms that follow no obvious spacial patterns, such as entrances that lead exactly to where I was, loops that dont make spacial sense, and other interesting phenomenon. I found this to be an interesting parallel to a short story I read called "The Backrooms" or something like that, and assumed this was a projection of my brain recalling this story.
I awoke with little memory of the end to my escapade.
For day two I decided to explore my psyche through the method of my dream. I had gained lucidity much in the same way, except through sheet music instead of a book. And again, my environment immediately shifted to a great hall, with walls making an awful maze lined with books. I've called this unusual building "The Record Room". None of the books have any legible contents. They are all strange glyphs and sigils, like someone would see in the magic books of some fantasy game.
I have no recollection as to how I gained lucidity on the third and final day of my experiment. The third day was one of confusion and fear. I found myself within a memory that did not exist. It was as though I was thrown into the past. The contents of this event are personal, and so I wont disclose specifics, but it was that of speaking to an old friend who I no longer have a pleasant relationship with.
It would seem that the resultant emotions from this unexplored corner of my mind had upset something, and for the first time, I had seen an entity.
I give it the name entity because I don't know how to describe it. It was some twitching, disgusting abomination that had caused me immediate and great disturbance.
The decrepit horror ambulated towards me in a way that I cannot understand. It's dimensions were not that of which a human can comprehend, in that much like in the Backrooms, it seemed to defy spacial physics. The insult to logic was non-euclidean. It was, and remains, entirely impossible.
To be able to conjure something up in your own mind something that you can not even grasp for yourself is humbling, and begets fear unknown.
I woke up sweating at two in the morning.
My hypothesized idea of permanence is not yet realized, but it does seem that this does represent my inner self, and I am excited to explore further.
Ive always found it absurd that no one else seems to understand how dreams are so important to the human condition. Through the state of a dream, one can literally explore a universe of their mind.
I have named this inner universe CETADISTHANA.
In order to test my theory of a permanence in Cetadisthana I decided to record my own adventures, having now managed to master lucid dreaming. If my events make a lasting impression, and regions in this internal world stay identical to previous instances, it would be found to be correct. I have spent three days.
On my first day I arrived to lucidity at the front of a large book. Realizing it was in gobbledygook, it hit me that I am in a dream, and so my exploration began
As soon as the realization came, the environment had changed around me. I was in a maze of unusual rooms that follow no obvious spacial patterns, such as entrances that lead exactly to where I was, loops that dont make spacial sense, and other interesting phenomenon. I found this to be an interesting parallel to a short story I read called "The Backrooms" or something like that, and assumed this was a projection of my brain recalling this story.
I awoke with little memory of the end to my escapade.
For day two I decided to explore my psyche through the method of my dream. I had gained lucidity much in the same way, except through sheet music instead of a book. And again, my environment immediately shifted to a great hall, with walls making an awful maze lined with books. I've called this unusual building "The Record Room". None of the books have any legible contents. They are all strange glyphs and sigils, like someone would see in the magic books of some fantasy game.
I have no recollection as to how I gained lucidity on the third and final day of my experiment. The third day was one of confusion and fear. I found myself within a memory that did not exist. It was as though I was thrown into the past. The contents of this event are personal, and so I wont disclose specifics, but it was that of speaking to an old friend who I no longer have a pleasant relationship with.
It would seem that the resultant emotions from this unexplored corner of my mind had upset something, and for the first time, I had seen an entity.
I give it the name entity because I don't know how to describe it. It was some twitching, disgusting abomination that had caused me immediate and great disturbance.
The decrepit horror ambulated towards me in a way that I cannot understand. It's dimensions were not that of which a human can comprehend, in that much like in the Backrooms, it seemed to defy spacial physics. The insult to logic was non-euclidean. It was, and remains, entirely impossible.
To be able to conjure something up in your own mind something that you can not even grasp for yourself is humbling, and begets fear unknown.
I woke up sweating at two in the morning.
My hypothesized idea of permanence is not yet realized, but it does seem that this does represent my inner self, and I am excited to explore further.