Page 1 of 1

Recent Loss of Data on Site

Posted: 16 Jul 2019 14:04
by Rob
Hi Everyone,

as you've probably noticed, we've had some issues with the site after an upgrade introduced some problems. We lost some users, posts, and images.

Today we have restored the database from a backup, and the missing users and posts appear to have returned. However, we haven't yet been able to restore the images. We are working on it.

Also, any posts made after the 2nd July have disappeared - this being because our database backup was from the 2nd July, so has restored the site to that date.

If you experience any other issues while using the site, please let me know.

Re: Recent Loss of Data on Site

Posted: 16 Jul 2019 14:10
by Sh3rl0ck
Wow this is amazing!

Thank you so much for repairing the site and being able to bring back my account and a few others. I'm so relieved to know that all of my posts have saved.

Kudos to the whole Oracle team!

I'm glad to be back!

Sh3rl0ck

--------------------

Posted: 16 Jul 2019 18:12
by BeN1
--------------------

Re: Recent Loss of Data on Site

Posted: 17 Jul 2019 01:43
by O.P.A.L
Oh thank the stars
I really need to do a written backup (man I'm lazy)
But we all thank you so so much for being wonderfully prepared and made backups for the site
We all thank you
O.P.A.L

Re: Recent Loss of Data on Site

Posted: 23 Jul 2019 14:38
by Rob
I have upgraded the site today using a different method, and it appears to have introduced a PHP Debug error. I am working on this, and hope to have it repaired fairly quickly. Apologies for any inconvenience.

You may experience an error when you try to submit a message, but if you use the back button and try to submit it again, it will go through okay. I realise this is not ideal, but I'm awaiting some help to fix the error and it's the only way round it at the moment.

Re: Recent Loss of Data on Site

Posted: 23 Jul 2019 22:59
by Rob
Further to my message above, assistance has been provided, and the site now seems to be stable again... If you do come across any errors or bugs, please let me know.

Rob