Where I have been
Posted: 06 Jun 2020 20:29
I saw descending a hill
A tall man in a grey hat
He held within one hand an eye
And in the other a ladle of water
The man beckoned to me
He offered me a drink
And I drunk
And in my mind I saw
An eagle that soared
And I watched myself from above
Engorged on decadence
Yet still starved in my heart
And so I took up my walking stick
And was determined not to stay
Into my heart I walked
And find my soul was warped
I let myself die
And that day I found a White Kingdom
And in this kingdom was a hall
With wooden frame and dotted with shields
And beneath each one a spear
In this hall were the thousands slain
Everyone tunic with blood stained
Tall men, craftsmen, norsemen
A thousand heroes, a thousand vagrants
Two thousand women and two thousand servants
And between them, men three thousand more
And I asked them to guide my mind
So I was sent back down to Earth
And back to this hell I soon would enter
To see myself decadent
Mistrusted and slothful
Know ye yet or what
But today I knew that I must work
And for thirteen months I must wait
I became a man
And a trade I would make
To keep my family
And to save my heart
I would have to fight
So here I am
Ready to begin again
A tall man in a grey hat
He held within one hand an eye
And in the other a ladle of water
The man beckoned to me
He offered me a drink
And I drunk
And in my mind I saw
An eagle that soared
And I watched myself from above
Engorged on decadence
Yet still starved in my heart
And so I took up my walking stick
And was determined not to stay
Into my heart I walked
And find my soul was warped
I let myself die
And that day I found a White Kingdom
And in this kingdom was a hall
With wooden frame and dotted with shields
And beneath each one a spear
In this hall were the thousands slain
Everyone tunic with blood stained
Tall men, craftsmen, norsemen
A thousand heroes, a thousand vagrants
Two thousand women and two thousand servants
And between them, men three thousand more
And I asked them to guide my mind
So I was sent back down to Earth
And back to this hell I soon would enter
To see myself decadent
Mistrusted and slothful
Know ye yet or what
But today I knew that I must work
And for thirteen months I must wait
I became a man
And a trade I would make
To keep my family
And to save my heart
I would have to fight
So here I am
Ready to begin again