A Warning
Re: A Warning
I agree the people should be wary for any attempts to impede our freedoms. But you cannot truly chain people who are this addicted to freedom, we’ve seen how it looks when a government tries to cripples its citizens like in China. The people fight back and usually the younger the generation the more fight there is. This virus is a reshuffling of cards. there’s people trying to take advantage of you on the left and people trying to fight the good fight on your right. In the end, the laboring class benefits from this more than big capital, and it takes pressure off the earth. Dare I say the birds seem almost louder lately with less carbon emissions?
But yes you’re right, the people should be mindful not fearful, watchful but not consumed by the anxiety.
But yes you’re right, the people should be mindful not fearful, watchful but not consumed by the anxiety.
Last edited by Helios on 04 Apr 2020 01:16, edited 1 time in total.
He with traits of Ouranos down to his love for Gaia? He with balanced traits of Helios, Apollo, and Dionysus?
Born of Libra, with Sun and Moon in the Palms of my hand, Vector of Creation.
Born of Libra, with Sun and Moon in the Palms of my hand, Vector of Creation.
Re: A Warning
Also I did not mean to post that meme but I am rolling that’s hilarious.
I’m so sorry you have to read that friend I genuinely didn’t mean it
I’m so sorry you have to read that friend I genuinely didn’t mean it
He with traits of Ouranos down to his love for Gaia? He with balanced traits of Helios, Apollo, and Dionysus?
Born of Libra, with Sun and Moon in the Palms of my hand, Vector of Creation.
Born of Libra, with Sun and Moon in the Palms of my hand, Vector of Creation.
Re: A Warning
....................
Last edited by Lannix on 28 May 2022 17:39, edited 1 time in total.
-
Redbeck
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2147
- Joined: 19 Dec 2010 15:42
- Location: The Rookery, 3rd Horse Chestnut along, St Johns, Britain. Teacher leave our nuts alone!
- Contact:
Re: A Warning
Dear Helios, appreciate all your efforts to date you are a tireless contributor and I thank you for everything you have written so far, but as moderator I have a duty of care to any number of junior members of the site who use it and the forum exchanges as an educational tool, i.e. "these are the pearls of wisdom older thinkers pass on to you" and you have produced very many my friend. While I appreciate, "Yeast today all my troubles seemed so far away, now it looks as though they're here to stay......." the meme you have put up as an image is rather too explicit for the broad audience we serve and of course clicked upon it becomes massive and totally "in your face" like the huge metropolitan digital billboards that dot our cities. While I understand that your written introduction refers to freedom of expression, nevertheless I wondered if you would be kind enough to replace it with a less controversial meme image please.
Thank you and Kind Regards Redbeck....... PS Lannix wrote "AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA" = 999999999

Thank you and Kind Regards Redbeck....... PS Lannix wrote "AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA" = 999999999

--------------------
--------------------
Last edited by BeN1 on 22 Jul 2023 10:52, edited 1 time in total.
HADOUKEN!! 🤲🔥
Re: A Warning
IM SORRY I LITERALLY DID NOT MEAN IT.
Constantly clumsy I’ll be careful the UI can be difficult
Constantly clumsy I’ll be careful the UI can be difficult
He with traits of Ouranos down to his love for Gaia? He with balanced traits of Helios, Apollo, and Dionysus?
Born of Libra, with Sun and Moon in the Palms of my hand, Vector of Creation.
Born of Libra, with Sun and Moon in the Palms of my hand, Vector of Creation.
-
Redbeck
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2147
- Joined: 19 Dec 2010 15:42
- Location: The Rookery, 3rd Horse Chestnut along, St Johns, Britain. Teacher leave our nuts alone!
- Contact:
Re: A Warning
Helios, Thank you, I am sure there was no harmful impact intended, you are a scholar and a gentleman, please keep up your excellent work. Redbeck
I've stumbled across the fact, which you clever chaps probably knew all the time, that "A Warning" is the title of a book-length exposé of the Trump administration published in 2019, by an anonymous author billed as a "senior Trump administration official". Apparently, a follow-up to an anonymous 'op-ed' ( short for "opposite the editorial page"), printed by the New York Times in September 2018
Op-ed is short for "opposite the editorial page", and a piece of written prose typically published in a newspaper or magazine which expresses the opinion of a guest author usually not associated with the publication's editorial board. I only know this because I was once a publisher and managing editor of fine magazines, and felt it an essential ingredient to your educations to know.
Well here we are DT the time machine is dragging us wriggling back down through 2008 to the 1930s

Brother Can You Spare a Dime
They used to tell me I was building a dream
And so I followed the mob
When there was earth to plow or guns to bear
I was always there right on the job
They used to tell me I was building a dream
With peace and glory ahead
Why should I be standing in line
Just waiting for bread?
Once I built a railroad, I made it run
Made it race against time
Once I built a railroad, now it's done
Brother, can you spare a dime?
Once I built a tower up to the sun
Brick and rivet and lime
Once I built a tower, now it's done
Brother, can you spare a dime?
Once in khaki suits, gee we looked swell
Full of that yankee doodly dum
Half a million boots went sloggin' through hell
And I was the kid with the drum
Say, don't you remember, they called me Al
It was Al all the time
Why don't you remember, I'm your pal
Say buddy, can you spare a dime?
Once in khaki suits, ah gee we looked swell
Full of that yankee doodly dum
Half a million boots went sloggin' through hell
And I was the kid with the drum
Oh, say, don't you remember, they called me Al
It was Al all the time
Say, don't you remember, I'm your pal
Buddy, can you spare a dime?
I've stumbled across the fact, which you clever chaps probably knew all the time, that "A Warning" is the title of a book-length exposé of the Trump administration published in 2019, by an anonymous author billed as a "senior Trump administration official". Apparently, a follow-up to an anonymous 'op-ed' ( short for "opposite the editorial page"), printed by the New York Times in September 2018
Op-ed is short for "opposite the editorial page", and a piece of written prose typically published in a newspaper or magazine which expresses the opinion of a guest author usually not associated with the publication's editorial board. I only know this because I was once a publisher and managing editor of fine magazines, and felt it an essential ingredient to your educations to know.
Well here we are DT the time machine is dragging us wriggling back down through 2008 to the 1930s

Brother Can You Spare a Dime
They used to tell me I was building a dream
And so I followed the mob
When there was earth to plow or guns to bear
I was always there right on the job
They used to tell me I was building a dream
With peace and glory ahead
Why should I be standing in line
Just waiting for bread?
Once I built a railroad, I made it run
Made it race against time
Once I built a railroad, now it's done
Brother, can you spare a dime?
Once I built a tower up to the sun
Brick and rivet and lime
Once I built a tower, now it's done
Brother, can you spare a dime?
Once in khaki suits, gee we looked swell
Full of that yankee doodly dum
Half a million boots went sloggin' through hell
And I was the kid with the drum
Say, don't you remember, they called me Al
It was Al all the time
Why don't you remember, I'm your pal
Say buddy, can you spare a dime?
Once in khaki suits, ah gee we looked swell
Full of that yankee doodly dum
Half a million boots went sloggin' through hell
And I was the kid with the drum
Oh, say, don't you remember, they called me Al
It was Al all the time
Say, don't you remember, I'm your pal
Buddy, can you spare a dime?
Re: A Warning
Depression era and 2008 economic declines are being felt like no other day. However I see this more as a reshuffling or cards and a tip in the scales to restore balance. Capital classes like CEOS and such have lost so much and the stock market too, anyone relying on a day job is also government dependent currently. As a freelance graphic designer I’m thankful my job is somewhat steady bc this pandemic is weirdly favoring people who work from home. Also I saw your previous posts about landscaping and I practice it somewhat myself I’m in the process of tearing down a lot of vines from my backyard currently
He with traits of Ouranos down to his love for Gaia? He with balanced traits of Helios, Apollo, and Dionysus?
Born of Libra, with Sun and Moon in the Palms of my hand, Vector of Creation.
Born of Libra, with Sun and Moon in the Palms of my hand, Vector of Creation.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests